1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MARTIN TURNER, Nov 20, 2002.

1. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HAVING WATCHED THE PRICES OF PLASMA FALL I THOUGHT I HAD FOUND MY IDEAL SCREEN WHEN I SAW THE PHILIPS 42PF9964 IN JOHN LEWIS ON SAT.THAT WAS TILL I READ SOME OF THE THREADS HER.THE DEMO SCREEN I WATCHED DID HAVE SOME SOLARISATION BUT THE ASSISTANT BLAMED THER INTERNAL AERIEL.I DO NEED A SCREEN WITH TWIN TUNERS THAT PROVIDE SIDE BY SIDE PICTURES SO THIS SCREEN SEEMED PERFECT.I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF ANYBODY HAD ANY MORE VIEWS ON THE PHILIPS OR IF ANYBODY KNEW IF I COULD HAVE TWIN TUNERS ON A PANASONIC SCREEN. THANKS MARTIN.:confused:

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i had 2 philips plasma tv the 52 and the 64 models, my view is they were both very bad in picture quality and both had faults, now i have a toshiba/panny and the philips does not come close
    if you dont mind telling how much was the set you were looking at?
    i paid £4000
    i was looking at the philips in howells of cardiff a few weeks ago and asked for a demo to see what there was like and was told there were not to demo with tv only dvd was allowed. i thought this was a bit suss,

as for the tuner question i think you can have as many tuners as you can plug in on the panny
    use your video to composite/s-video
    use your sky box to vga or component
    but if you mean pip(picture in picture) through the panny tuner i`m not sure

hope this helps

3. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THANKS JMACK I WAS HOPING FOR BETTER NEWS AS THE TUNER BOX WITH THE SCREEN HAD EVERYTHING I NEEDED.THE SCREEN WAS PRICED AT £4995 BUT I WOULDNT BUY IT THERE, I HAVE SEEN IT FOR ABOUT £3700 AT ROBERT WHYTE IN SCOTLAND. I DONT SUPPOSE PANASONIC ARE THINKING OF MAKING A TUNER BOX ALONG THE SAME LINES ARE THEY?