1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips Plasma + 'e-box'/reciever, Help required!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sneale, May 23, 2003.

1. sneale

sneale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :hiya: Can anyone offer any information or advice as to where I could locate a suitable box?

We have a Philips 420P10 (identical to 42PF9952 domestic model) plasma monitor.
    We thought it would be complete with e-box/reciever, however it arrived without the e-box/reciever, we have been uable to establish whether or not these plasma monitors where origionally supplied with e-box/reciever. We have had conflicting information from Philips, one department states no, another department states yes, however both state they are not available separately.:confused:

We read a review in 'Hone Entertainment' 07/00 clearly saying that this model was complete with a stripped down e-box.
    I have established that these boxes are available separately in the U.S. but obviously they are unsuitable due to voltage, tuner, and connections being incompatable with European models.

Can anyone offer any information or advice as to where I could locate a suitable box?

We would be grateful for any advice :)

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had the 9952 and the 9964 . i saw the 64 ebox/tuner on ebay about 6 weeks ago , you could try there, if not try www.nexnix.co.uk

if its any use to you the same tuner /ebox works on both screens that might narrow your seach down a bit
    good luck

3. sneale

sneale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  4. sneale

sneale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Can anyone help with the above or are there other units that can be used:confused: