1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips PJ mounting??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Jroz, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Jroz

Jroz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello everyone, ive had a philips bSure SV2 Projector for sometime now and ive decided i want to mount it to my ceiling finally. Finally settled into my house and would like to either mount it to my ceiling or wall. This specific projector does not have the 3 screw universal setup so i am unable to buy a universal remote from ebay or any other place. Only option i have found is the philips made mount that is about $200. Not looking to spend that much, nor put a giant hole in my ceiling. Anyone know what i could do. I was looking at those wall TV mounts for 20lb tvs or less. IT would fit on the platform and it does swivel down, but im not sure if thats a good idea or not. Anyone have any suggestions

thanks
    Jason

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,111
    I have a Philips Bogart attached to the wall on a AVF speaker bracket (£20 a pair from Argos) designed for heavier speakers/speakers with curved fronts.
    The PJ is gripped between the two sides by non slip pads (supplied) and the weight bears down. It does the job of a more expensive mount i.e. it holds the PJ in one place and steady.
    Check the LCD/DLP forum for more details on DIY mounting solutions.