1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips pixelplus - a gamers nightmare?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by heruka, May 13, 2003.

1. heruka

heruka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope someone can help before I turn my back on technology and join a kibbutz.

Took delivery of a philips 32" pixelplus today, having read all the
    wonderful reveiws I was sure I was on to a winner.

But no.Technology mocks me once more.

Main reason for getting it was to play my xbox/g-cube and ps2
    games.

Unfortunately it was'nt to be,having spent 2 hours going through my entire collection of games and finding that,with almost all of them,there is a faint, - more noticable on dark backgrounds, -
    wide band of red which refuses to budge no matter what kind of connection i've tried or whichever bit of technical wizardry I've enabled/dis-abled.Whether in 100hz or 50,double-lines,pixelplus or not the red band of doom haunts me.

this isnt present on sky or usual reception,neither on usual dvd or video.

Can anyone please help?,any opinions?,and can anyone recommend a widescreen that will show my games off to their best advantage?

Thanks.

2. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heruka

I've got a Philips 32PW9617 Pixel Plus tv and play my beloved XBox on it all the time. Never seen the red band, not even on Splinter Cell, which is pitch black most of the time. Do have lots of crappyness watching live footy on it though, as do most people. Mine's connected using the XBox advanced scart through the RGB scart.

Cheers
    Rich

3. heruka

heruka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Rich,I'm very happy for you and your xbox but after fiddling about until 4:30 am it became obvious that - for whatever reason
    - the t.v. was faulty.

So,took it back to Comets (a truly unforgettable experience) and,eventually managed to convince them to give me an exchange and am now the contented owner of a Sony kd-32dx40
    without all the pixelplus 100hz digital shennanigans and spent a
    happy hour last night pool hopping in a lycra bikini in DOA beach volleyball.

A happy ending ,awww,I think I'm going to cry....