1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips pixel plus..

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jibber, Jul 4, 2005.

1. jibber

jibber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    been told about phillips pixel plus dlp rear projection tele's that are supposed to be of a better quality than the pioneer vega plasma..., and are a great tv..

anyone had any experiance with any models and would like to comment or add any tips for me on here.. ??

i've been far to cautious in buying a new tv was going for aplasma now holding back to make more research into different tv's available..

look forward to the replys..

Jibber.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,023
    I don't recall ever seeing anything about Philips and DLP myself, so I took a quick look at Philips website. It seems that they are concentrating their large screen effort on flat panel technologies - Plasma and LCD. No mention (that I could see) about any DLP.

3. jibber

jibber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is strange because i was told from a chap who works in the bbc, and he's useing them.. i will see him later tonight and ask him for the model number and more detail on it.... :)....

will get back to you tomorrow..
    Jibber.

4. jibber

jibber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol,
    well the answer i got back was that it may be that the phillips were not allowed to badge the unit because of texas instruments.. but i've been given a few links to look over at different dlp's..

does anyone have any experiance with dlp rear projection tv's cost's reliability etc..

Jibber.

5. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    This whole forum is dedicated to peoples experiences of DLP TVs. Happy browsing.