1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips pixel plus

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by vegaphil, Apr 27, 2004.

1. vegaphil

vegaphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just a follow up to the sony dx50 etc etc

now got a pw9308 storming tv no geometry problems,convergence problems color smear or orther nasty gremlins. i know pixel plus has its problems but i mainly want it for watching movies ive played with the settings and now it works how i want it to. it even handles fast moving stuff with ease the picture quality is amazing i dont get no flicker on trees and stuff as i did with the sonys :clap: the tv may not be to everyones taste but i love it FINALLY a tv thats works properly and is set up well all i can say is WELL DONE PHILIPS!!!!!!!!!
    EXCELLENT PRODUCT :thumbsup:

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So glad you got a good one vegaphil. I am totally besotted with my PW9618 I bought a couple of weeks ago. It's more than I hoped for and yes, I agree, WELL DONE PHILIPS!

Last year Philips was almost a dirty word, as some members had problems, maybe we are fortunate to get them this year when perhaps the gremlins have been banished from their sets!

3. lefty2

lefty2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have puchased the 32pw9308 and i am very pleased with it but iwould be interested in your picture settings to compare with mine. Lefty2

4. vegaphil

vegaphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi cynthia & lefty

im so pleased you also like your tv :clap: i find the the active control set to max works best and and picture set to natural.
    i use pixel plus for just watching tv programmes but use movie plus for dvds as this does work best. also the tv is in auto format i have to say now i feel relaxed when watching my tv and now im not looking 4 faults or problems the pixel plus takes a bit of getting used to but try monsters inc it will blow u away:smashin:

cheers

5. gjkendall

gjkendall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just to revive this thread.....

I have just bought a 9308, and I found that the auto format does not work properly! It seems to over egg everything. Sky sports for example (which is widescreen, it zoomed so much that i could not see all the news flashes at the bottom of the screen!

Have I done something wrong?

Also, what are ALL your setting please....I am pleased with the picture (sometime) but at times it does look as if a fine mesh is over peoples faces!