Philips Philips pf9830, please help: picture drops when subtitle appears

B

Boleslav

Hello all.
My LCD TV 's picture drops when ever a dvd subtitle appears. If I turn the subtitles off, then everythings fine. The problem is that if the dvd movie has subtitles or subtitle option turned on, the movie is unwatchable as each time the subtitle appears i get green reddish distortion and the picture then drops. The picture always return after the subtitle dissapears from the screen.

I have tried adjusting the picture format on the tv, and turning the subtitles on and of f on the DVD player menu, to no avail.

I've tried searching for hours on google and now this forum but no one seems to have reported this type of problem.

All help is much appreciated...
Thanks

B

Boleslav

Thanks for responding, Bill! Before I read your reply it occured to me to try another dvd player and I connected to the regular AV Connection and the problem dissapears.
To answer your question, I have a Pioneer DVR 310 hooked up to the LCD through Component Video.
I wonder if it is the DVD Player at fault or the component video connection that doesn't like subtitles?

I would much rather use Component Video for the quality.
Would an HDMI Connection be even better, in regards to the quality of the picture?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom