1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips PH32W6526 not responding to remote

Discussion in 'TVs' started by steev, Jan 18, 2004.

1. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We've had this set for a while as a rental. It's been back at least once for various issues. The latest thing is that it rarely resonds to the remote. I've tried the original with fresh batteries in case it was my OFA6 playing up. So far we have lived with it as we watch everything off Freeview these days, but it's annoying. It's just as hassle to send it back each time, but I suppose at least it costs us nothing.

Anyone else had this problem?

2. Wavey

Wavey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same problem, but unfortunately no solution as yet...

3. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We ended up sending it back for a repair as we had another problem with the screen turning a lovely shade of green. It cam back with the remote issue fixed, but the green screen still happening. Latest opinion is that something on the tube has gone, so it looks like we get a new TV. A good reason for renting in our case.

Actually we are getting the TV cheaper than normal as we originally had one from a local shop who were taken over by Box Clever. Even after that set was replaced we are still getting it at the same rate :)