philips pf5321

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by flash67, Mar 19, 2006.

Tags:
  1. flash67

flash67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    any thoughts on the philips pf5321? does anyone have one of these yet? seems ok for £899

2. rowarta

rowarta
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also looking at the pf5321..................been told the 32" will be in Richer Sounds on the 28th March. I'm interested in the 37" which Philips have told me will also be available..................as for timeframe and price for 37", no response.

Looks a good option, dual HDMI, PIP, and my guess on street price would be about £1200 going on the 32" being £900.

If anybody has any additional info, please post

3. r11ck1986

r11ck1986

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Just got the 32" from Richer sounds today. i went in with the intention of buying the sharp lc32p50e, but hey had none in stock and had no intention of geting any more! the assistant pointed me in the direction of the phillips and i managed to knock a further £100 off the price! so i payed £799!! Im thrilled with my purchase, and i'm just going off to have another play with the already outstanding picture. :thumbsup:

4. redknag

redknag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Must admit I was impressed with the spec. Whats the difference between the pf5321/10 & the pf5321/12, I must be being dumb as I've studied the specs and can't see any difference.:rolleyes:

5. rowarta

rowarta
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    think the /10 and /12 may relate to country, but agree the specs are the same.

6. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi

well done

2 questions how did u mange to get it for £799 and does it have dedicated pc and component input

Please

azz

7. flash67

flash67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10

what's dvd quality like? have you tested it with any games consoles or digital tv?

8. r11ck1986

r11ck1986

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The DVD quality is amazing, and i just got the hd cable for my 360! i was told that it makes a massive diference to the picture quality when playing the 360, but didn't quite realise how much.............everything is so perfectly clear! Sky looks much better than i thought it would and after a bit of playing with picture settings, i think its as good a picture as my old tv. as for the pc connection, not too sure to be honest! Here's what the manual says:

" HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 Must be connected to the DVI output of the PC. Use a DVI to HDMI adaptor to do the connection "

hope that helps! and yes it does have dedicated component input.

I got it for £799 as the sharp that i went in for was out of stock and was told that they wouldn't be getting anymore in. he showed me the phillips and said he'd knock me £100 off! i bet you could get it for the same price if you had a go!

9. DamoSXI

DamoSXI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why do JL and Comet not do this set yet ?

10. monkeytastic

monkeytastic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can I please ask what input you have the DVD player going through? I have my Telewest going through the RGB scart (until I have high def installed next week) and the DVD through normal scart is really bad..