1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips owners post here

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by yasa22, Feb 4, 2003.

1. yasa22

yasa22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any body else out there got a Philips Plasma, please post here.

Thanks

Come on there must be more than two of us!

2. pixie

pixie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    lol - maybe! (as a tumbleweed rolls by...) ;)

I know that Fox E bought one - hopefully he still has it?! Anyone else...?

3. Fox E

Fox E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still got mine and enjoying it thoroughly!

Had it since Oct 2002 (32-9964).

For some reason unknown to me there is a lot of poor press in this group and others regarding any of the Philips Plasmas - but I have no idea why. Yes, I have seen the standard responses (mainly from people who have not experienced a Philips Plasma) that are copied from forum to forum - but I have yet to see any of the so-called issues (washed out picture; crap compared to a Panasonic or Pioneer, etc) - and I am fussy.

Pixie has summed up his experience with the 9964 accurately in my opinion - except I don't get the muting sound issue.

So - that makes 3 happy Philips viewers - with none unhappy Philips viewers from what I have seen in this forum.

Fox E:clap:

4. Mats1

Mats1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't own the Philips Plasma, ordered a Samsung, but like the PQ of Philips plasma very much as well as the looks which is awesome. Would certainly prefer the Philips over a Panny.
    Philips was too expenxive and that's why I bought the Samsung.
    The Panny screen flickers but most people don't seem to notice. Anyway, I think most of the flamers are people having a 20" CRT at home, same applies to Audio Threads and other forums too.
    You'll get a lot of response and advices from people that have seen the Plasma in a store or read an article abt it.