1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips ONDigital

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Ianr2, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Ianr2

Ianr2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I have been given an old ON Digital box (Philips DTX6371/05A) i've had an aerial upgrade aswell.My problem is that every now & again the picture freezes & i also get a clipping sound then low volume which comes back after awhile.Does this sound like a reciver problem or an aerial one..maybe a booster is required?
    Thanks for any help
    Ian

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    This sounds more like interference than poor signal levels to me.
    I also use an old Philips OnD box for Freeview and throughout most of the summer it has worked fine, but since turning the central heating on this year have been getting the same type of problems as you. I know that I have a poor aerial, but as it worked in the summer that should have little to do with it. What I think is more likely is that the thermostat is noisy and the poorly shielded coax from my aerial is picking up the noise. Could this be what is happening with you? Did you replace the coax when the aerial was upgraded, and if you did was it replaced with double shielded satalitte coax as is recommended for Freeview?

Mark.

3. Ianr2

Ianr2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the help Mark,i dont know if double shielded satalitte coax was used.I had an aerial installer come & do it, so i suppose anything could have been used.As to the interference form say the heating etc...it did this in the summer too.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Thermostat on the fridge/freezer perhaps.
    It may help if you plug the STB into a surge protected socket from the likes of Belkin etc. as a lot oif noise can be transfered around the home in the mains supply. I know it does make a big difference on my STB.

Mark.