Philips OLED806 sound is buggy combined with Sonos ARC

ojee99

Standard Member
Oh, for me, after setting eARC enabled, I got that mapping issue. So I'm aware of one issue?
OMG, Those Philips TV guys really cannot fix a bug, nor test themselves.
I STILL get spoken sound of the rear-left surroundspeaker.

I'm soooo fed-up with the quality of Philips TV's and/or their Quality Assurance...

J40NYR

My sound cuts out and I have major lip sync issues.

I thought auto lip sync was a feature of hdmi 2.1?

J40NYR

@Pwainx I really appreciate your response. Just had a flick through the Denon menu and auto lip sync is already enabled 🙈

Happens with hdmi sources and I'd say even worse with onboard app audio

Zonk76

Standard Member
Yes, I am also using Dolby Atmos. More concretely, this is my setup:
-Samsung Soundbar is connected to eARC
-Plex App on 806 is used to play Atmos from Dolby Digital
-Nvidia Shield is connected to HDM1, Plex App on the Shield is used to play TrueHD Atmos
Both works fine for me.

@chuck93
What's the reason to (continue to) use a Nvidia Shield while having AndroidTV build-in into 8x6 TV? I was hoping to get rid of my nVidia Shield as soon as I get a 8x6 TV. Is the TV performance less good, or some features not supported?
thx

Last edited:

ojee99

Standard Member
@ojee99 Can you share the version number of the firmware you where given?

@Lotusmad2001 'Auto Lip Sync' must also be supported by your devices.
33295DAB-BD8A-489C-8C10-E0F4870D2EDD.jpeg

Pwainx

@ojee99 Haven't seen that ...002... firmware in the wild. You must be lucky 😉

But sadly your saying that it doesn't seems to solve any issues...🤔

ojee99

Standard Member
@ojee99 Haven't seen that ...002... firmware in the wild. You must be lucky 😉

But sadly your saying that it doesn't seems to solve any issues...🤔
Perhaps it did solve other issues You can try yourself

Antwoord
Werk de software bij met de volgende stappen:
1. Plaats een lege USB-stick in een computer met internetverbinding
  • Formateer de USB-stick naar FAT32 (rechtermuisknop > "Formatteren")
01%20usb%20insert.PNG

2. Open een webbrowser en ga naar:
Box

3. Download het bestand (.zip bestand) op een computer

4 Pak het bestand uit naar de USB-stick
  • Het uitpakken kan variëren per computer
  • Opmerking: Het enige bestand dat op de USB stick hoort te staan is “autorun.upg”
5. Zet de tv uit en sluit de USB stick aan

6. Zet de tv weer aan
  • Het updatescherm zal vanzelf verschijnen
7. Volg de instructies op het scherm
  • Het installeren van de software zal nu beginnen.
  • Opmerking: Schakel de tv NIET uit tijdens de update!
8. Wanneer de nieuwe software is geïnstalleerd, zal de tv opnieuw uit- en aangaan

9. Ontkoppel de USB-stick van de tv

10. De software-update is voltooid!

Novaa

Novice Member
Does the new firmware resolve the earc issue of not properly passing though (TrueHD) Atmos? It is pretty much the only reason I'm still holding out on this tv.

on1

Novice Member
Hi all,
I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread and holding off buying a new Philips TV until some of these more critical issues were resolved. My set up would be TV, Sonos Arc plus surrounds, Nvidia Shield and PS4. It sounds like some good progress has been made recently, finally, but would someone mind confirming if there are any major issues still outstanding?
Thank you & big shoutout to @Pwainx for the updates for the past few weeks/months!
cheers

Kondom2003

Novice Member
Решава ли новият фърмуер проблема със слуховите уши при неправилното преминаване на (TrueHD) Atmos? Това е почти единствената причина, поради която все още държа на този телевизор.
за мен, да
IMG_20220111_102442_511.jpg
IMG_20220111_102452_155.jpg

Priyantha

Priyantha

not working speakers for atmos
Sorry mate, but I don't really understand.
Could you rephrase it in English?
For example:
What did not work?
What did you test?
How did you test?

xzilo

Novice Member
Perhaps it did solve other issues You can try yourself

Antwoord
Werk de software bij met de volgende stappen:
1. Plaats een lege USB-stick in een computer met internetverbinding
  • Formateer de USB-stick naar FAT32 (rechtermuisknop > "Formatteren")
01%20usb%20insert.PNG

2. Open een webbrowser en ga naar:
Box

3. Download het bestand (.zip bestand) op een computer

4 Pak het bestand uit naar de USB-stick
  • Het uitpakken kan variëren per computer
  • Opmerking: Het enige bestand dat op de USB stick hoort te staan is “autorun.upg”
5. Zet de tv uit en sluit de USB stick aan

6. Zet de tv weer aan
  • Het updatescherm zal vanzelf verschijnen
7. Volg de instructies op het scherm
  • Het installeren van de software zal nu beginnen.
  • Opmerking: Schakel de tv NIET uit tijdens de update!
8. Wanneer de nieuwe software is geïnstalleerd, zal de tv opnieuw uit- en aangaan

9. Ontkoppel de USB-stick van de tv

10. De software-update is voltooid!
Hi @ojee99,

Thank you so much for sharing all of your experiences!
Did you never experience losing sound of your Sonos ARC (or other soundbar/setup) over eARC (when eARC enabled) if you switch between sources (TV, mediabox, PS4)?

Could you perhaps share the email contact you communicate with TPV?

I bought a Sonos ARC to get sound from my Philips 48OLED806 via eARC, but I can't seem to get Dolby Atmos (only Dolby Digital Plus).

My problem is that when I change from mediabox and other sources I lose connection with my Sonos ARC until I disable the eARC again via the TV. AND I don't seem to get Dolby Atmos via eARC when eARC is set to automatic.

I hope this is also solved with this firmware update!
Looking forward to your reply!

Alvast bedankt!
Jeffrey

Last edited:

kingpingnl

Novice Member
@Pwainx I really appreciate your response. Just had a flick through the Denon menu and auto lip sync is already enabled 🙈

Happens with hdmi sources and I'd say even worse with onboard app audio
Only auto lip sync enabled is not enough. I had to change my setting in the receiver to 1ms, this works for me for the apps (netflix/disney) on the tv.

MirceaX

Hi all; WARNING Long read ahead (short story, the link with the update provided by AlexanderVS and ojee99 is working, updated the TV with it and Ambilight is back to normal again and also the sound from the eArc is also working normally) so a BIG thank you to you guys and all who brought this problem up to Philips tech team! Don't wait for the OTA update, this update from the link will work and not brake your TV!

So I was was going nuts and almost return the TV because I have the same issue on my recently bought 936 Oled; before the update FW: TPM211EA_R.001.001.233.026 everything was just great, the ambilght would dim on black screen or darker scenes as it should, but after the update I noticed that something was wrong and on dark scenes the ambilight was annoyingly high in white intensity. At first I was thinking it's all in my head and it was the same before but no, I've checked on my other older ambilight TVs and they didn't had this issue.

And I'm so glad that I found this thread and that I wasn't the only one because the link with the ZIP FW that AlexanderVS provided is working and after the update the Ambilight is now as it should, on dark or darker scenes the ambilight is dim and working flawlessly. Also the sound bar (I have a Philips with dolby atmos and bluetooth subwoofer) was not working properly, it wasn't connecting when I opened the TV, there was a delay in the sound or jitter sound but this custom update fix all those problems.

Just go to the link (even if it's writen in Nederland) just hit the link, download the zip file, extract the file from the ZIP file, put it on an empty FAT32 USB stick (no other folders, only the exe file), plug it in your TV before you turn the TV on, turn on the TV and after a few seconds it should automatically enter in the download from USB screen. After a few minutes of download it will start to update the FW. It will take some time so don't get scared that it's stuck or whatver, mine took around half an hour to finish the update.

I will post some photos with the Ambilight from the "bad" FW update and some photos from the custom update. In the first pic you can see how bad the Ambilight was on dark picture before the customer update, the rest are after the custom update.

Cheers and take care all!!

Attachments

• Before custom update.jpg
    Before custom update.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 104
  • After custom update 1.jpg
    After custom update 1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 120
  • After custom update 2.jpg
    After custom update 2.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 113
  • After custom update 3.jpg
    After custom update 3.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 114
  • After custom update 4.jpg
    After custom update 4.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 100
  • After custom update 5.jpg
    After custom update 5.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 100

MirceaX

Sweet @MirceaX. Thanks for letting us know.

Would you be so kind to check whether TrueHD now works too?
Hey, no problem.

Regarding the TrueHD issue, I kinda don't exactly know what TrueHD is or how to test if it's working or not; I'm guessing is something about the sound. Should I find a TrueHD movie and check if the soundbar has sound via eArc, or something like that? 😁

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand