Philips OLED806 sound is buggy combined with Sonos ARC

ojee99

Novice Member
I made a bug report and at their request I also collected logfiles on a USB stick at the time the sound disappeared, and shared those log-files with them. I have the hope that there are concrete error messages to be found in those files.

Desruptor

Novice Member
Even with eARC disabled and without the bypass option sometimes the sounds gets lost and a power-reset is necessary. Did you also made a bug-report at Philips?
Yes, I did and I also wrote an update to them as I did here (and to Bose as well). But the support answer until today is only generic (unplug all cables etc..). I also wrote a short review:

Pwainx

Yes, I did and I also wrote an update to them as I did here (and to Bose as well). But the support answer until today is only generic (unplug all cables etc..). I also wrote a short review:
Maybe you can mention this forum. If they really want to take this problem serious there is a lot of important information here to find for them.

Stratos K

Standard Member
Hey guys. I have been watching the 806 threads for some time as I am interested in the 856 and I have read all about the eARC problems the TV currently has.

I was going through some of Vincent's videos and I saw something interesting. In the photo below it shows an update for the Sony A90J and A80J they released back in June and if you look carefully in the photo one of the things they fixed was exactly the problem you have described the 806 has currently with the sound!

1.jpg

So the Sony TVs also had the same problem the 806 currently faces? And if yes, then there is hope that Philips can find a solution since Sony did fix that.

It's interesting because I didn't know Sony had the same weird problem with eARC. Is it the Mediatek SoC that is causing the problem then? Because this is the route of many problems these TVs have and I cannot imagine how the same problem could appear on two different manufacturers otherwise.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 11

Pwainx

@Stratos K Well well we have an investigator right here. Great work!! 👍
Indeed it’s very weird that both brands has the same issue.

The problem for the moment is that Philips isn’t taking the eARC problem seriously. That’s what I understand from the communication with them.

But indeed it seems that it can be resolved. The only big question is WHEN? This TV is available for several months and still there are so many issues with it.

Stratos K

Standard Member
@Stratos K Well well we have an investigator right here. Great work!! 👍
Indeed it’s very weird that both brands has the same issue.

The problem for the moment is that Philips isn’t taking the eARC problem seriously. That’s what I understand from the communication with them.

But indeed it seems that it can be resolved. The only big question is WHEN? This TV is available for several months and still there are so many issues with it.

Thanks. To be honest I really like the 806/856 as it is the only OLED TV that offers HDR10+, Dolby Vision and DTS/DTS:X pass-through which I need (I want to connect my JVC Exofield headphones to it). So I was very disappointed reading all these problems to the point where I am also considering the A90J.

But it was out of luck that I found the above. The only thing that the Sony TVs and the 806 have in common is the Mediatek SoC with Android TV so seeing the exact same problem on both of them cannot be anything else.

Maybe if any of you guys have been in contact with any Philips technicians about the current problems you can point them to my finding. Maybe this will guide them better to find a solution faster.

Manner2010

Novice Member
Hey guys. I have been watching the 806 threads for some time as I am interested in the 856 and I have read all about the eARC problems the TV currently has.

I was going through some of Vincent's videos and I saw something interesting. In the photo below it shows an update for the Sony A90J and A80J they released back in June and if you look carefully in the photo one of the things they fixed was exactly the problem you have described the 806 has currently with the sound!

View attachment 1588972

So the Sony TVs also had the same problem the 806 currently faces? And if yes, then there is hope that Philips can find a solution since Sony did fix that.

It's interesting because I didn't know Sony had the same weird problem with eARC. Is it the Mediatek SoC that is causing the problem then? Because this is the route of many problems these TVs have and I cannot imagine how the same problem could appear on two different manufacturers otherwise.
this suggests that the problem is really because of Soc mediatek, because it costs the same as that of sony. There are no more options. Android TVs are built on the same Soc mediatek, the only difference is in the image processor, as well as in software algorithms.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom