Philips OLED+986 (65OLED+986) TV Review & Comments

Acrorat

Novice Member
Does anybody know if the TV comes with power cable having both an EU plug and a UK plug?

Or where I could get a UK plug?

The one I'm buying looks to be sourced from the EU, hence the question.

Gaslight

Does anybody know if the TV comes with power cable having both an EU plug and a UK plug?

Or where I could get a UK plug?

The one I'm buying looks to be sourced from the EU, hence the question.

Lol, I am sure you can pop a plug on of your choosing. Have you never wired a plug before?

You can get a plug from any hardware shop/eclectrical factors etc.

Check the TV's voltage though to ensure its suitable for UK.

Acrorat

Novice Member
I've been wiring plugs since I was 12 years old, LOL.

I would rather have the proper cable though, for obvious reasons.

If all else fails I'll just connect the two pin to an adapter, of which I have plenty.

Gaslight

I've been wiring plugs since I was 12 years old, LOL.

I would rather have the proper cable though, for obvious reasons.

If all else fails I'll just connect the two pin to an adapter, of which I have plenty.

You asked where you could get a UK plug hence the confusion, as if you hadn't wired a plug this would be a question that could be be possible.

Scewfix/BQ/Asda

The cable is captive in the telly I believe, so you'll just need to change the plug, or yes use an adaptor.

Check voltage.

Acrorat

Novice Member
Seems to be a separate part, from the quick guide.

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 17.06.39.png

Acrorat

Novice Member
I think Philips will be sending me one, fingers crossed. Although I have found a very robust adaptor left behind by my daughter's Swedish ex-boyfriend, which will suffice, will find out on Thursday.

Acrorat

Novice Member
What's your initial thoughts on the tv ?
I only just noticed that I posted in the wrong place, as it's the 936 that I have, apologies.

That said, I am more than impressed, especially as I got it new in the box for under £1000.

I've had a good tweaking session of the settings, based on the AV Forums YouTube recommendations, added my spare magic keyboard via USB, paired my iPhone and iPad, failed to pair my knock-off earbuds and iMac, for the latter I'm waiting on a HDMI to Thunderbolt adaptor, tested a few UHD and Dolby Vision/Atmos productions. Overall I actually like the Ambilight, especially for evening viewing - 'A Perfect Planet', described as Ultra HD is an excellent test case for [on iPlayer], lots more here : Can I watch programmes in Ultra HD on my connected TV? | iPlayer help.

Next I'll be looking at some 4K stuff on Apple TV+.

Luckily it's the weekend and I can have a good binge fest.

Jiggerman90

Novice Member
I only just noticed that I posted in the wrong place, as it's the 936 that I have, apologies.

That said, I am more than impressed, especially as I got it new in the box for under £1000.

I've had a good tweaking session of the settings, based on the AV Forums YouTube recommendations, added my spare magic keyboard via USB, paired my iPhone and iPad, failed to pair my knock-off earbuds and iMac, for the latter I'm waiting on a HDMI to Thunderbolt adaptor, tested a few UHD and Dolby Vision/Atmos productions. Overall I actually like the Ambilight, especially for evening viewing - 'A Perfect Planet', described as Ultra HD is an excellent test case for [on iPlayer], lots more here : Can I watch programmes in Ultra HD on my connected TV? | iPlayer help.

Next I'll be looking at some 4K stuff on Apple TV+.

Luckily it's the weekend and I can have a good binge fest.
How did you manage to get it so cheap?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom