Promoted Philips OLED+936 and OLED+986 – continuous improvements bring a new reference performance.

Tef

My POS9002 has a short delay (5-10 seconds) after turning off the TV before the ambilight fades out, this is possibly the same thing and you might just be being a little impatient :lesson:
I find it useful as in a lounge with no lights on when I turn off the TV at night, there is enough light left for me to leave the room before it shuts off completely.
ah yes, you are right, just had to wait for a few more seconds then it will turn off, haha.

Tef

Some days ago I tried oled935 with subwoofer Yamaha NS-SW050. It works fine. But I did not like sound of this Yamaha. Somewhere here was discussion about subwoofers and I found that Polk Audio PSW10e is much better option. More inputs and sound is more clear and right. I hope this device will sounds much better.

Is subwoofer and Bass speaker are the same thing? I like how sounds just classics bass speakers but subwoofers sometimes doing strange and not right feelings of bass (like this Yamaha).

One person gave these speakers as option for any TV - EDIFIER S2000MKIII
This classics view on speakers. Like we had in 90th. Just Stereo sound. But for watching films I think will better have sound bar as oled936 has.
i have a lyndorf on order, not sure when it will be delivered. there is an old Acoustic Energy subwoofer that i have from many years ago that i used to pair with B&W M1 5.1 setup. But i need to dig that out again. i will report back.

StewieGriff

Standard Member
Thought i'd join and share my first opinions of a 65oled936 - coming from a Panasonic VT50 plasma.

Lots of people mentioning the sound and I can agree with a previous user - it really comes into its own when the volume is cranked up a bit. Even when not, I find that voice in particular is exceptionally clear. I'm impressed.

Sound delays - only thing to note was an enormous delay via recordings on a Virgin box, I adjusted the audio settings on the box (specifically set dolby digital to PCM) and now there is no delay. Weird.

Picture - had to switch off most of the motion processing; my son loved the silky smooth movement - I hated it. There are many different options and i'm still experimenting but the general feeling I have is that the contrast is immense, the blacks are very black but what really surprises (shocks even) is the brightness of the highlights.

Something I was not expecting was the prowess of the onboard processor.
I used a Firestick 4k on the plasma for smart TV functionality and it was mostly OK but had annoying bugs and occasional crashes with the likes of Plex.
While reading up on the 4k MAX I found someone suggested the use of Plex natively on modern TVs as the processing power has increased significantly over the past year or so.

Expectations were not high so imagine my surprise discovering Plex runs perfectly ! Speed is excellent and everything is very snappy, no pauses or stutters, no crashes (yet) - a pleasant surprise indeed. This includes Atmos / HDR content. Even the Wifi performance is excellent as checked via Speedtest.

Shame it doesn't have component / RGB input but I guess that's the price of progress !

Clock'd 0ne

I've never sideloaded anything ever, so I'd be interested to hear how easy it is to sideload Plex and have a go at that myself

StewieGriff

Standard Member
I've never sideloaded anything ever, so I'd be interested to hear how easy it is to sideload Plex and have a go at that myself
The beauty with Plex is that you don't have to sideload it - it is available on the Google Play Store (I guess it has a 'good' reputation compared to certain other streamers...)

idcard

Some days ago I tried 2 soundbars (Sony HT-ZF9, Philips TAB8905) and I did not like their sound. They have more power and maybe stronger subwoofer but it was not clear and realy not friendly for everyday usage sound. After all I tried OLED935 and it was very clear and just beautiful even with this 70W. Every instruments on music I can hear and bass also fine. I did just small equalizer change there. I want try 3 soundbars more. It is Samsung HW-Q800a, HW-900a and HW-Q950a. If they give me better feelings maybe I will think about soundbars but for now best and universal for all needs is sound of oled935 and I think same and even better oled936. For these TV's I think all what we need is just add subwoofer like Polk PSW10e. If someone have it and tested let us know how this sub doing his job with oled935/936.

Could someone from owners of oled936 give me size of soundbar? I just want to know is this is the same with oled935 or larger. On some pictures it looks like it is larger.

Oled 935 is next: w. 88 сm x h. 7 сm x d. 9 сm. And space between TV and ground 10.9 сm

Last edited:

Clock'd 0ne

The beauty with Plex is that you don't have to sideload it - it is available on the Google Play Store (I guess it has a 'good' reputation compared to certain other streamers...)
I had no idea it was that easy, I don't really buy into all the smart apps business generally as I mostly watch 4K discs or the good lady streams Disney/Prime for the kids, but I always fancied trying out Plex. Just gotta wait to receive my TV now, thanks for the helpful feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

StewieGriff

Standard Member
Some days ago I tried 2 soundbars (Sony HT-ZF9, Philips TAB8905) and I did not like their sound. They have more power and maybe stronger subwoofer but it was not clear and realy not friendly for everyday usage sound. After all I tried OLED935 and it was very clear and just beautiful even with this 70W. Every instruments on music I can hear and bass also fine. I did just small equalizer change there. I want try 3 soundbars more. It is Samsung HW-Q800a, HW-900a and HW-Q950a. If they give me better feelings maybe I will think about soundbars but for now best and universal for all needs is sound of oled935 and I think same and even better oled936. For these TV's I think all what we need is just add subwoofer like Polk PSW10e. If someone have it and tested let us know how this sub doing his job with oled935/936.

Could someone from owners of oled936 give me size of soundbar? I just want to know is this is the same with oled935 or larger. On some pictures it looks like it is larger.

Oled 935 is next: w. 88 сm x h. 7 сm x d. 9 сm. And space between TV and ground 10.9 сm

Soundbar on my 936 matches on width, height, depth (although it's slanted so overall depth is more like 12cm) so i'd say the same.

idcard

Somewhere was information that Sony a90j and Panasonic JZ2000 has special metallic heatsinks for cooling new LG OLED EVO panels. Evo is brighter than previous generations and cooling is important part against Burin in. How about this on OLED936? How happens this cooling?

As I know Philips told in September they also using EVO panels but now they don not like talk about this. Maybe they could not receive them from LG and start use ordinary panels on 936?

Last edited:

jptkns

Novice Member
How great it would be that when people connect HDMI Arc soundbar to their Philips TV OLED (Android) the volume bar in the screen will show up when changing volume on the Philips remote. As it was in the old Philips Matchline days. The bar on the HDMI arc soundbar doesn't work either., and the "feauture" isn;t explained neither.

DamsRoxxx

Standard Member
Hello,
TP Vision does not believe its possible to have 4K 120HZ VRR - at full frame rate - using the Mediatek MT5895 SOC. The option is either to use 4K 120 Hz at fixed frame rate via the Monitor mode or to use 4K 60Hz VRR - which shouldn't impact PQ as there is very little native 4K 120Hz content available.
Hope that helps.

Panasonic seems to have a workaround :

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom