Promoted Philips OLED+936 and OLED+986 – continuous improvements bring a new reference performance.

Hi guys, how can I enter the service menu on OLED936 so I can check the usage hours, TV just got installed and I want to check it, urgent please
As it’s urgent, the On Hours in Shop and Home modes are on page 1, CSM1.
Press the {1}, {2}, {3}, {6}, {5} & {4} buttons on the remote…
… this is for the status menus not for changing anything, Philips often mention to do this when logging support issues.

The page buttons move through the pages and I think the back button or turn off to come out.

65OLED936 for sale if anyone is interested. Has all cables, box etc and 1 (or 2 can't remember) spare remotes. £1999 + postage

Hi all, has anyone had a chance to try the new 101.000.178.222 firmware released on July 20th yet? Here are the release notes. They all look nice to have, but the "next generation ambilight" makes me nervous after that last ambilight firmware debacle. Any feedback from the "auto update" crew?

Software history –
Philips 2K21 85x6/9006/9206/9636/OLED706/OLED8x6/OLED936 ranges
Philips 2K22 8507/88x7/OLED707/OLED807 /PML9507/OLED907/OLED937 ranges
TPM211EA_101.000.178.222– Date: 2022/07/20
‐ Initial Android R software for 2K22 OLED907/OLED937 series
‐ Fixes for channel list issues
‐ Fix for Disney+ subtitle issue
‐ Fix for start‐up with Google Cast
‐ Fix for excessive EMMC wear specifically for UK
‐ Improvements for ambilight performance – next generation ambilight
‐ Improvements for HDMI eARC audio issues
‐ Improvements for stability issues (reboots, freezes)

I didn't notice a change in AL behaviour compared to the previous version on my 936.
The most annoying known bug is probably that standby power consumption sometimes increases from <0.5W up to ~30W.

Thanks. Any recognizable advantages over previous firmware? Any more settings in ambilight, especially around more customizing the wall color?

Nobody noticed that with this version the color optimization options are not allowed .....
not even a total reset enables them.

Do you mean Colour enhancement? It's been reported not working from day one, several times, for all devices (in the 2021 oled owners's thread, also on Toengels blog).
Will probably be fixed in the next firmware.

Last edited:
I’m looking after this TV and am wondering if the soundbar and my stereo pair of speakers (through an AVR) can work simultaneously in stereo or if it’s only possible to use either the soundbar or sound trough the avr?! Can someone answer this for me? Thanks a lot!

Yes, you can use both at the same time. You just have to alter the sound or mute the source you don't need.

Hello!
I have the 48 inch Philips 936 OLED panel.
Occasionally, I'm getting a weird effect where the dialogue (through the speaker/stand) drops out and becomes all muffled and mumbled... i.e. like it was recorded underwater. It's immediately noticeable.
I'm getting this on ALL sources - Antenna TV, VirginMedia TIVO box, Oppo UHD/bluray, Panasonic UHD/bluray, even streaming.
If I change channels, turn the TV off, or do a few other 'things'... it seems to remedy it. But only for a while and then it starts happening again.
I have checked all the settings, and also all the cables are high quality and properly connected. There is no noticeable damage to the speaker/stand. And no distortion if I wick the volume up (so doubtful that the dialogue speaker itself is damaged), but something sure is up with it.
It's on latest firmware and I have run the TV diagnostics which are all fine.
Any ideas???

Try a Power Cycle?

Try a Power Cycle?
Thanks. Is that the same as Re-Install TV??
I may have to do that... but wanted that to be a last resort as I'll have to redo all the settings, apps, input labelling, favourite channels etc all over again.

Has anyone else experienced this 'muffled sound' behaviour???

No, power cycle is like a soft reset.

If that fails, then a factory reset might be worth a try.

Or go through all the sound settings.

Does it sound ok via audio out to amp/headphones?

Last edited:
No, power cycle is like a soft reset.

If that fails, then a factory reset might be worth a try.

Or go through all the sound settings.

Does it sound ok via audio out to amp/headphones?
O.K. I'll have to investigate how to do the 'Soft Reset' Power Cycle... is it straight forward??

Yes, it does it periodically - not all the time. Regardless of sound setting (Standard, Cinema, Dialogue etc). I haven't tried through amp or headphones as don't have one in the lounge.

Thanks for your help.

Soft reset is just unplugging at the wall socket.

Soft reset is just unplugging at the wall socket.
O.K. Thanks. Yes, I've done that.
Strangely, yesterday the issue did not present itself.
Fingers crossed (hopefully I'm not speaking too soon) it may have remedied itself.
Let's hope. I'll keep you updated.
Thank you again!!!

It went bad again today so I have 'Re-Installed TV' and gone through and set everything up again (apps, settings, favorites, input labels etc). A bit of a faff sadly.
BUT... fingers crossed... so far... all is well. Hope it stays that way!
Thanks again guys!

Yes, you can use both at the same time. You just have to alter the sound or mute the source you don't need.
Hey thanks for your reply, just purchased the 936 👍 however I only have sound trough earc (AVR) or the soundbar, can’t put them both to work

I was using headphone out to amp, or you can use optical out.

Bought optical splitter and optical > analogue converter. I have currently now got clean sound.

Why is built in Freeview out of audio sync? It has been like that from new, 6 months ago. All else is ok, including external Youview box.

So did you use the headphone jack out on the tv to a tulip (RCA) on your AVR?
Or optical out on your TV, an optical out-to-RCA converter and put the RCA in your AVR?

Optical splitter > RCA > AMP.
Optical splitter > Optical > AV Processor.

Hi all, any feedback on the latest firmware released in the last couple weeks? I don't want to get burned again, so wanted to see if there was any weirdness in there. Thanks.

Nothing so far but couldn’t find the changelog anywhere?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom