Philips OLED+935 TV Review & Comments

JonStatt

Sounds good, please share your troubleshooting findings here with us.

To explain the issue and behavior I am facing , you can look at the below and maybe get a suggestion from the engineer due to visit about a possible way forward. Does it needs to be sent back in warranty (hardly a month old it is) for replacement / repair.

55OLED935/12 No Screen Blinking LED Problem

Thanks.

Thats interesting. Its not blinking, its flashing like a hard disc activity light. Have you left it for an hour to see if it eventually recovers? The fact the Philips logo appears means its not dead and the next step is to load Android. That's why I wonder if there is some kind of software corruption

Manivxr

Novice Member
After 8 weeks of ownership the tv has become faulty. No picture despite sound & ambilight. Booked in with currys for repair. Not impressed.

AdrenalineRush

Novice Member
Thats interesting. Its not blinking, its flashing like a hard disc activity light. Have you left it for an hour to see if it eventually recovers? The fact the Philips logo appears means its not dead and the next step is to load Android. That's why I wonder if there is some kind of software corruption
Well it keeps blinking in the same pattern in a loop. I didnt really leave it on for a hour, as that didn't seemed like a possibility. Upon the very first boot from unboxing, it took more like a minute to show usable screen as informed by a friend who purchased at the same time with me.

For software corruption remediation , as mentioned in one of the articles on the Philips support portal, I did download the latest firmware "autorun.upg" file, put it in the root of a FAT32 USB Flash drive and stuck it up in USB1/2 . However it showed the very same behavior at startup, it did read the USB for a while, however didnt load up any upgrade or showed any screen signs that the file is accepted and firmware is being loaded. (My USB Flash has a small LED which blinks upon access, so it did blink in initial 5 sec of startup, however stayed dark after it).

I am not sure, maybe it would have a "base image" which needs to be loaded first, before loading any autorun upgrade file. However this is just a hunch and have no access to any such recovery images in case.

Keeping fingers crossed as I have to come to a conclusion. As requested with @Couldbeslimmer , when the technician would visit him on Tuesday, maybe he would be able to show my fault video to him for a quick opinion and way forward, for which I would be thankful for sure.

Welcoming any other troubleshooting tips by then.

Couldbeslimmer

Standard Member
Well it keeps blinking in the same pattern in a loop. I didnt really leave it on for a hour, as that didn't seemed like a possibility. Upon the very first boot from unboxing, it took more like a minute to show usable screen as informed by a friend who purchased at the same time with me.

For software corruption remediation , as mentioned in one of the articles on the Philips support portal, I did download the latest firmware "autorun.upg" file, put it in the root of a FAT32 USB Flash drive and stuck it up in USB1/2 . However it showed the very same behavior at startup, it did read the USB for a while, however didnt load up any upgrade or showed any screen signs that the file is accepted and firmware is being loaded. (My USB Flash has a small LED which blinks upon access, so it did blink in initial 5 sec of startup, however stayed dark after it).

I am not sure, maybe it would have a "base image" which needs to be loaded first, before loading any autorun upgrade file. However this is just a hunch and have no access to any such recovery images in case.

Keeping fingers crossed as I have to come to a conclusion. As requested with @Couldbeslimmer , when the technician would visit him on Tuesday, maybe he would be able to show my fault video to him for a quick opinion and way forward, for which I would be thankful for sure.

Welcoming any other troubleshooting tips by then.
I have your YouTube video ready to show the technician tomorrow, will let you know what he says.

Couldbeslimmer

Standard Member
I would really appreciate your help here. 🙏 .
Ok, to cut a long story short, it looks like there's an issue with my panel, I've put a longer reply on the owners thread. My TV is currently working again but he said he doesn't know for how long so a replacement panel will be ordered.

With regards to @Adrenalinerush problem he also suspects it's a firmware issue and your best bet is to speak to Philips and get them to send you one out on USB rather than downloading the one off the internet.

vaderag

Is there a reason AV Forums don't publish the calibrated settings that they use to get their results? Would love to emulate

findogask

Novice Member
hi,
have a 55" 935 oled. can anyone recommend a keyboard for this set. also can I use the wall bracket etc to mount the set on a tv unit that has the VESA mounts?
thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom