PHILIPS OLED+ 935 SERIES TV OWNERS & DISCUSSION THREAD

I’ve got the 48” and it does look as if it is very slightly curved at the corners.

Thanks for confirming. These panels are thinner than they need to be. A bit thicker to make it easier to manufacture as well as handle safely would not upset anyone!

Not sure if this is a fault, some weird interference due to a ground loop or a design thing but I notice if the TV is displaying mid to low shades of solid colour there are horizontal bands regularly spaced. It's not visible from seated but it looks odd to me. The settings menu shows it.

20210114_074243.jpg

A friend of a colleague just checked his and its the same. Looks like it's just the way it is

I’ve just checked mine and looked down the side of the screen. Mine definitely isn’t bent it looks straight as an arrow tbh 🤷‍♂️

Not sure if this is a fault, some weird interference due to a ground loop or a design thing but I notice if the TV is displaying mid to low shades of solid colour there are horizontal bands regularly spaced. It's not visible from seated but it looks odd to me. The settings menu shows it.

View attachment 1440945

Try performing a manual screen clean.

3DB3D18D-451F-44B6-B31A-84727A249101.jpeg
02F6C198-65B3-4A15-BA6C-F9A3CD7D7B3F.jpeg

Looks pretty straight to me unless I’m looking at the wrong parts lol?

View attachment 1440945
I've had the same problems with horizontal lines. Most apparent in grey scales but sometimes in normal viewing. Running a manual clean did sort this out for a while but a week later and its back again. I'm not sure who should be my first point of contact, Richer Sounds or Philips but I think it needs reporting.

View attachment 1440951View attachment 1440952
Looks pretty straight to me unless I’m looking at the wrong parts lol?

It may be an illusion but it does look like the top curves in ever so slightly looking at your second picture. It's easier to see if you have this looking along the top from a slightly higher point than you did in your first picture and focusing on the far corner not the near one.

I've had the same problems with horizontal lines. Most apparent in grey scales but sometimes in normal viewing. Running a manual clean did sort this out for a while but a week later and its back again. I'm not sure who should be my first point of contact, Richer Sounds or Philips but I think it needs reporting.

Ah so I am not alone. Weird issue. Just running another manual clean because I am not sure last nights ran correctly. I had no success message when I switched on the TV this morning. Do you think it's firmware or hardware?

Ah so I am not alone. Weird issue. Just running another manual clean because I am not sure last nights ran correctly. I had no success message when I switched on the TV this morning. Do you think it's firmware or hardware?
I'm not sure which it is. If I can find a number I'll give Philips a call to see if they can help but if we have run the manual clean I'm not sure what else can be done?

I'm not sure which it is. If I can find a number I'll give Philips a call to see if they can help but if we have run the manual clean I'm not sure what else can be done?

Ran manual clean again. Now banding is removed from the top 20% of the screen and the bands are still on the rest but wider spaced! This is so strange. Running it a few more times will likely clear it I think

i am a potential buyer for one of these TVs, I am reading of many issues and its a put off.

Ran manual clean again. Now banding is removed from the top 20% of the screen and the bands are still on the rest but wider spaced! This is so strange. Running it a few more times will likely clear it I think
I have a call raised with Philips. I need to provide them with some more info but I'll se where this takes me.

Thank you. Please do update the thread when you hear something.
Typical isn't it! They asked for a photo of the problem but when I turn the TV on this lunchtime it looks fine!! It must have auto cleaned while in standby overnight. They'll be back to I'll try taking some then.

Last edited:
Typical isn't it! They asked for a photo of the problem but when I turn the TV on this lunchtime it looks fine!! They'll be back to I'll try taking some then.

Mine are being more stubborn. Cleaning is moving and changing them but not eliminating them. I think this is a ground loop problem .I am going to power all connected devices off and disconnect the aerial. Then try a clean

Hi Can you tell me you tv firmware version, I updated mine to 009 and still have the drop out if I go to standby then back on.
I have the 48oled935/12
Also on 09, TV is 55" but that shouldn't make any difference, creation date Nov 24th. TV is always on standby when not watching and I've never had the issues that several others have had with sub drop out.

Mine are being more stubborn. Cleaning is moving and changing them but not eliminating them. I think this is a ground loop problem .I am going to power all connected devices off and disconnect the aerial. Then try a clean
I've had the horizontal lines since I got it in December. I was hoping it would sort itself out over time but they keep reappearing so I'm quite confident they will again.

I have also seen these horizontal lines.They tend to appear when the TV has been on for a long time and then are gone when the TV has been off overnight.

I have also seen these horizontal lines.They tend to appear when the TV has been on for a long time and then are gone when the TV has been off overnight.
For me they can be there as soon as I switch on. It doesn't normally matter how long its been on for but I do think it depends if the screen clean has run overnight.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom