PHILIPS OLED+ 935 SERIES TV OWNERS & DISCUSSION THREAD

That’s what I’m trying to establish. I don’t need a stand, it would be mounted on a bracket. Even Philips‘ support couldn’t tell me - said they’d never seen the model to have a look at themselves yet, which I found to be amazing as well as disappointing.
I don’t see why it wouldn’t work without the bar attached. It’s just a cable for the speaker and should be fine if you have your own audio

Does anyone know if you can listen to music from the soundbar via Spotify / chromecast from phone but not have the TV screen on?

Having Spotify on the screen is normally a static image so would have thought the less the better and don’t need the TV screen on while listening to music, although Ambilight would be good?

Does anyone know if you can listen to music from the soundbar via Spotify / chromecast from phone but not have the TV screen on?

Having Spotify on the screen is normally a static image so would have thought the less the better and don’t need the TV screen on while listening to music, although Ambilight would be good?
There’s an option in settings to turn screen off while the music plays (it’s on by default)

Thanks, did have a quick look but couldn’t find it, will have a more thorough look!

The soundbar acts as the stand so not sure you could use it without. Also I think you would be wasting your money as the cost of the soundbar will be built in. You might want to look at the 805 instead if you wanted to stick with Philips or what about an LG CX then add ambilight with Philips Hue.
The soundbar-stand has fixed cable with a 'special' multi-pin male plug which connects to a socket adjacent to the TV's stand mounting location.

I have just disconnected the soundbar's cable connection on my TV and established that the TV does operate without the soundbar, i.e. there's no "soundbar not detected" on-screen warning.

This begs the question of how to obtain the 'missing audio' channels since the soundbar's connection is non- standard.:thumbsdow See photo of the connection.

20201122_201214.jpg

The multi-pin connection caters for the feed to each of the speakers (3.1.2. channels) providing an output of 70Watt(RMS).

However the Digital Audio Out (optical) or HDMI connection to an amp or own choice of soundbar could be used. My older amp does not have any HDMI sockets, just the optical connection.

Last edited:
That’s what I’m trying to establish. I don’t need a stand, it would be mounted on a bracket. Even Philips‘ support couldn’t tell me - said they’d never seen the model to have a look at themselves yet, which I found to be amazing as well as disappointing.

You could omit the whole hanging bracket and speaker from under the TV if hung on a wall and use your own surround system. You can choose in the options to have audio out the TV speaker sound bar or hdmi audio of connected or TV audio off.

I would say the speaker is a good wedge of the money on this and you'll unlikely sell it on as its for this system alone it seems. Unless desperate for ambilight and this model then I'd look at others maybe?

Hi All......Well , I have the 935 [65 inch. ] and its just brilliant , sound and picture out the box amazing !. It's my first oled so I can't compare .
HOWEVER ! already it has developed a major fault...... Freeview Play has disappeared completely.
Pressing the Freeview play button does nothing .,,,it's nowhere to be seen .
Reinstalling the TV DOES bring it back for a short time , then it disappears yet again . It's only that app, all others are staying put .
Of coarse when you reinstall you have the time consuming job of putting in all your details again and again ..........a real pain .👎👎
Now , I dont know if this can be fixed with a software update , or is it just my TV ?
Anybody else seen this happen ?
I was enjoying watching 4K on the iplayer😔

Hi All,

Its been a while since last posted a message as I have now moved from the UK to Germany.

My new Philips 65” 935+Oled arrived last Sunday (yes on a Sunday) and even though its only 24 hours old I am totally enjoying this new set, so far no picture tweaks or customer calibration settings (which I hope to do soon)

I started off using the “Standard” settings but then moved over to AI settings on both Picture and Sound and so far very impressed watched the original John Wick film last night and one episode of season 3 Discovery, very impressive.

This is my second Philips Oled, the first one was the 65”, which was a great set, but the 935+ is a definite improvement in both sound and vision.

Regards

John.

Hi All......Well , I have the 935 [65 inch. ] ......
HOWEVER ! already it has developed a major fault...... Freeview Play has disappeared completely.
Pressing the Freeview play button does nothing .,,,it's nowhere to be seen .
Reinstalling the TV DOES bring it back for a short time , then it disappears yet again . It's only that app, all others are staying put .
Of coarse when you reinstall you have the time consuming job of putting in all your details again and again ..........a real pain .👎👎
Now , I dont know if this can be fixed with a software update , or is it just my TV ?
Anybody else seen this happen ?
I was enjoying watching 4K on the iplayer😔

Freeview play OK on my 55":smashin:

Telephone Philips Customer Support. They solved a different glitch for me in minutes.
Tel: 0207 949 0319

Anyone else got issues with iPlayer or random TV resets? I have the 55" 935

I should also add that every time I try to stream 4k it crashes... sigh.

Last edited:
I've now set both Freeview and Virgin Media V6 cable box HDMI 1 Picture Styles (mode) to AI.
See my Samsung Tablet screen shot photo of the the 1.073billion colours of Strictley Come Dancing BBC ONE. :D

20201121_195259.jpg

Just had a quick look

Menu button on remote (under Rakuten) > Frequent Settings > Screen off

Found it, thanks :)

Was wondering if it would be able to do it automatically but seems it has to be a manual thing.

Does anyone have issues with the remote operating in BT?

Mine keep stuck on IR, even after succesfull BT pairings. Any ideas?

Anyone have a way to get the TV to display what it is outputting the audio to the sound bar as? Watching prime app and a 4k movie, just want to make sure it's the right settings.

Anyone have a way to get the TV to display what it is outputting the audio to the sound bar as? Watching prime app and a 4k movie, just want to make sure it's the right settings.

I cant see the way to show screen resultion details or the sound output details.
Quick question, do you have any issues with the 4k video causing a reset of the TV?

Hi Folks
Thinking of getting the 935 and would value answers on the following

I have signed up for Discovery plus streaming service and have wasted my 2 weeks free as my 2015
Samsung H6400 does not have the app available and mirroring has a 2 sec audio delay which I cannot fix!! Does the 935 have Discovery + app installed or available to add?

Second , I am concerned a member said the 935 was lacking detail in shadows as that is the main reason I want to replace my H6400 as shadow detail is poor
Is this a problem with this TV or can it be fixed in the settings?
Thanks

I have last years 934 model and the Discovery+ app is available in the Google play store.

Second , I am concerned a member said the 935 was lacking detail in shadows as that is the main reason I want to replace my H6400 as shadow detail is poor
Thanks

Right now I also have this very issue, have not found a solution yet.

I have the 55" 935 but Discovery+ is NOT pre-installed.
I assume it can be download from the Google playstore.

Hi Folks
Thinking of getting the 935 and would value answers on the following

I have signed up for Discovery plus streaming service and have wasted my 2 weeks free as my 2015
Samsung H6400 does not have the app available and mirroring has a 2 sec audio delay which I cannot fix!! Does the 935 have Discovery + app installed or available to add?

Thanks

I have just arranged to get my 935 taken back due to horrid firmware and software issues. Picture and sound is very good, the HD and 4K image quality is stunning, but frequent random resets don't outweigh that. Not at that price point...

I have just arranged to get my 935 taken back due to horrid firmware and software issues. Picture and sound is very good, the HD and 4K image quality is stunning, but frequent random resets don't outweigh that. Not at that price point...
Please can you give more details as I don't know how such firmware and software problems manifest themselves. What are the random resets for as I, not being a tech expert, have not encounted such problem solving.

Please can you give more details as I don't know how such firmware and software problems manifest themselves. What are the random resets for as I, not being a tech expert, have not encounted such problem solving.

Does your TV randomly shut down whilst you press nothing?
This was happening to me at least twice a day.
It then goes into loop where by it will reset every ten or fifteen minutes. The only way to break it is to turn off the tele for 2 or 3 minutes and turn it back on again.

It then goes into loop where by it will reset every ten or fifteen minutes. The only way to break it is to turn off the tele for 2 or 3 minutes and turn it back on again.

Yes, if the TV has been on for a few hours in the evening, I get a warning message saying that the TV is to 'Refresh' the OLED display in 25 seconds. I then scroll left to a box which allows me to delay the action, which then takes place when the TV is next on standby.

However if I happen to miss the warning message then the TV goes on to standby automatically, and the 'Refresh' then takes10 minutes after which I can resume watching my program.

I have not found a setting to extend the period the TV is on, nor to disable the message, so I planned to telephone Philips Customer Support for advice.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Definitely a lemon! Sorry to hear that. Would you consider a new one or are you going to switch brand after your bad experience?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom