Philips OLED 754 4K TV Hands On Review & Comments

That is very interesting , I was going to get one of these but pulled the trigger on a 65 b9 instead, ordered it 20 mins ago.😉

I think we should wait for a few reviews regarding accurate input lag.

Big Boss, same reason as killzone's video link - your video link is eight months old, pre-manufacturing models, Philips' claims.

I know which I'm inclined to believe. I can't really see "Trusted Reviews' making a mistake on this issue, they use accurate measurement apparatus.

For whatever reason(s) Philips unfortunately have missed their benchmark for game lag on the 804.

Last edited:
I am considering either a 65" 754 at £1799 or the Panasonic GZ950 at £2199.

On paper I don't see the extra £400 being worth it, though I'm keen to know if Philips OLED's have been impacted by the 'flashing' issue which affected LG and some other brands? I know Panasonic had resolved the issue before they launched last year's OLED's.

Hello;

We are at least 2 on a french forum to face issues with Ambilight+Hue and Philips TV is accusing Light department and Light Deparrtment is accusing TV department...

Issue : even after detecting Bridge and associated Hue Lights in the TV (no problem with this step) :
==>Hue lights doesn't switch off at the same time as the TV
==>They don't switch on either after turning the TV ON even when changing (Ambilight+Hue from "stopped" to "started"...or if something is switch on, it is often only left Hue without right Hue).

In short, nothing is working properly about Ambilight+Hue and Philips does not provide any support.

Yes I know but consumer don't care + there is nothing wrong with my Hue (I can drive them through my phone and even my TV can see the bridge and the light everytime) + I am not the only one.
It's just the "Ambilight + Hue" feature that doesn't work properly.
Philips TV = TP Vision have work to fix their firmware instead of accusing Philips Lighting = Signify

Last edited:
There is a shop here in Greece that sells this tv at 999 euros. I want to buy it but I am waiting for a decent review first. And also I am sceptical about the burn in effect in OLEDS generarly. Clock is ticking though and tomorrow the price may return to the 1500 euros level
Screenshot_2019-11-14-20-33-17-174_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2019-11-14-20-33-17-174_com.android.chrome.jpg

My Panny ST30 plasma just died. Waiting for BF deals on the 754, C9, GZ950 and AG8.
Has anyone seen the 754 in the flesh yet?
Looks appealing value on paper. I just haven't come across one yet.
Should I expect similar performance to last year's 803 set?

Last edited:
My Panny ST30 plasma just died. Waiting for BF deals on the 754, C9, GZ950 and AG8.
Has anyone seen the 754 in the flesh yet?
Looks appealing value on paper. I just haven't come across one yet.
Should I expect similar performance to last year's 803 set?
We have just had the BF in Romania (here it is not related to any holidays so the retailers set the date whenever they want in November). The 854 was on offer at about 1050 Euro. You may add it to your list since it should be better than the 754 and the 803.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Same price at AO.com. Not sure about the warranty with Amazon, but AO comes with a 2 year warranty. Maybe RicherSounds will price match for a 6 year warranty though.

Richer Sounds have it for £999 so even if they won't match (which I'd guess they should) then £10 for the extra warranty seems worth it.

Richer Sounds have it for £999 so even if they won't match (which I'd guess they should) then £10 for the extra warranty seems worth it.
Agreed. Looks like they've dropped the price since my reply.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom