1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips not responding to remote

Discussion in 'TVs' started by steev, May 20, 2004.

1. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect this may be a need of repair, but a while back the TV stopped repsonding to the remote. I've tried fresh batteries and using both the original remote and the OFA6 that was working.

We've actually been getting by because we watch everything through the Twin and control channel and volume through that. It's a pain not being able to correct the aspect ratio.

Then recently I tried it again with the OFA and it worked! Not permanently though. It comes and goes.

The TV is a rental, but it's just a pain to have to send it back. Plus the case got a bit damaged at Xmas and I'm not sure how much they will complain about that. I don't believe this damage is linked to the remote problem as it's on the top. Someone left a night-light on there and it melted a small dent.

Thanks

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried cleaning the little window on the front that receives the infra-red beam from the remote control?

This can become obscured, particularly if you have smokers in the house, and cause the intermittant problems that you describe.

Keeping fingers crossed!

3. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That was one of my thoughts as I have small children around. Cleaned to no effect.

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    The TV or the children? :laugh:

Sorry I couldn't help.