1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips Monroe discontinued?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jesus Barrera R, May 27, 2002.

1. Jesus Barrera R

Jesus Barrera R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Still trying to make my call on the projector to buy, but getting closer.

Anyway, I was browsing through AV-Sales and I found that they have the Philips Monroe in their DISCONTINUED list, I was surprised! isn't this model only a couple of months old? Does anybody have any info on this? Does anybody know if Philips is planning on releasing a newer version of it?

Thanks!

2. Andrew Collie

Andrew Collie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jesus

In reply to your post. Although the Philips Monroe is in our 'discontinued' section it is still a current model. We have removed it from our projector range as our suppliers do not hold this item in stock and therefore is not freely available to us.

Sorry this has caused confusion and we will be removing it from the discontinued list.

Kind regards

Andrew Collie

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Jesus,
    Production on the Monroe is planned right through until the end of the year. Stocks are short right due to high demand throughout Europe. Something to do with a football tournament I believe;)

Monroe is available through most UK dealers with a Philips account for TV and Video products. Audio Visual distribution companies tend to focus more on our range of business projectors, but can get the Monroe to order for dealers like AMC.

Regards

4. Jesus Barrera R

Jesus Barrera R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the answers guys! I was surprised on this but this clarifies things; and yes, practically all online retailers I've checked give a 2-3 week waiting if you order the Monroe.

Thanks again!