Philips Monroe And Iscan Pro

I

infomatique

A few days ago I imported a Philips Monroe from Germany and I also purchased an ISCAN PRO.

I must admit that I am very impressed by the Monroe but to be honest I cannot see what difference the ISCAN makes.

I assume that I am doing something wrong ... has anyone here used this combination?

Originally posted by LittleT2
Are u using a pal or an ntsc source?

Both. Actually, I meant to update this comment ... the I-SCAN does make a difference but I would be inclined to try the Monroe alone first and if you were happy with it spend the money on something else.

Perhaps i would be better off purchasing a progressive scan player...such as Toshiba 510.....i would have thought the 480p image through IScan pro would have made a lot of difference.
Has the Monroe got a component in socket...and are u using this Infomatique ?
Best regards
LittleT2

Originally posted by LittleT2
Perhaps i would be better off purchasing a progressive scan player...such as Toshiba 510.....i would have thought the 480p image through IScan pro would have made a lot of difference.
Has the Monroe got a component in socket...and are u using this Infomatique ?
Best regards
LittleT2

Don't get me wrong the I-SCAN does make a difference but rather than recommend it to you I would suggest that you should get a demo of the combination first ... as I live in Dublin I did not have this option.

The output from the I-SCAN is VGA so you need a high quality VGA connector between the two devices. Believe me, the quality of the cable makes a big difference and the difference made by the I-SCAN became more obvious when I got the new cable.

The Monroe does not have separate component connectors.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom