Philips Monroe And Iscan Pro

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by infomatique, Feb 15, 2002.

1. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few days ago I imported a Philips Monroe from Germany and I also purchased an ISCAN PRO.

I must admit that I am very impressed by the Monroe but to be honest I cannot see what difference the ISCAN makes.

I assume that I am doing something wrong ... has anyone here used this combination?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are u using a pal or an ntsc source?

3. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both. Actually, I meant to update this comment ... the I-SCAN does make a difference but I would be inclined to try the Monroe alone first and if you were happy with it spend the money on something else.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps i would be better off purchasing a progressive scan player...such as Toshiba 510.....i would have thought the 480p image through IScan pro would have made a lot of difference.
    Has the Monroe got a component in socket...and are u using this Infomatique ?
    Best regards
    LittleT2

5. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get me wrong the I-SCAN does make a difference but rather than recommend it to you I would suggest that you should get a demo of the combination first ... as I live in Dublin I did not have this option.

The output from the I-SCAN is VGA so you need a high quality VGA connector between the two devices. Believe me, the quality of the cable makes a big difference and the difference made by the I-SCAN became more obvious when I got the new cable.

The Monroe does not have separate component connectors.