1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Philips) Miravision LCD TVs

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sidicks, Dec 13, 2004.

1. sidicks

sidicks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,344
    Just done a search on Miravision and the last posts were back in June this year.

Are these more widely available now?
    Are they any good?
    Anyone know of any stockists?

cheers

sidicks

2. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw one at the best of stuff show this year and whilst its quite weird to have a TV that becomes a mirror. it suffers from reflections when its on TV mode. If you have spot lights or a bright lit room you may be better off looking for a different set. Cool gadget feature though and ultra wife friendly. give it a couple more years and I think the idea is a winner.

3. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Went to Cribbs Causeway in Bristol last weekend, John Lewis had one in their tv area.

Didn't look too closely, seemed a lot of money for a small set and the mirror effect didn't seem to work completely, when the set was on it had a strange almost 3D image, like the screen was quite thick (depthwise) and all images looked like they had a shadow.

Can't quite describe it, but I would wait for the next incarnation personally, as and when (if) they continue it's development.

4. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Are these the ones that come in a picture frame?

If so I recall seeing one in a local department store and it is the one that stood out the most from all the other (good brand) screens in terms of picture quality.

I was really impressed at the image quality.

It was expensive though, and I could not see the value of a mirror that I would have to bend down to, to comb my hair and check my tie! lol