(Philips) Miravision LCD TVs

sidicks

Ex Member
Reaction score
Just done a search on Miravision and the last posts were back in June this year.

Are these more widely available now?
Are they any good?
Anyone know of any stockists?

cheers

sidicks

I saw one at the best of stuff show this year and whilst its quite weird to have a TV that becomes a mirror. it suffers from reflections when its on TV mode. If you have spot lights or a bright lit room you may be better off looking for a different set. Cool gadget feature though and ultra wife friendly. give it a couple more years and I think the idea is a winner.

Went to Cribbs Causeway in Bristol last weekend, John Lewis had one in their tv area.

Didn't look too closely, seemed a lot of money for a small set and the mirror effect didn't seem to work completely, when the set was on it had a strange almost 3D image, like the screen was quite thick (depthwise) and all images looked like they had a shadow.

Can't quite describe it, but I would wait for the next incarnation personally, as and when (if) they continue it's development.

Are these the ones that come in a picture frame?

If so I recall seeing one in a local department store and it is the one that stood out the most from all the other (good brand) screens in terms of picture quality.

I was really impressed at the image quality.

It was expensive though, and I could not see the value of a mirror that I would have to bend down to, to comb my hair and check my tie! lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom