Philips Miravision BIG problem!!

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by simch, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. simch

simch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where do I start...? I have had so much grief sourcing a 32 inch miravision for my front room, then the people i buy it off say they cannot get it but CAN get a 42 inch for same money.

I build a wall special for it, taken a solid week, TV turns up WITH NO REMOTE!

Place throws ina generic philips remote, after loads of hassle I finally find that although I cannot enter the MENU proper to set the picture up, (menu brings the menus up but the remote nav buttons I have wont move the cursor) I get a tip to try other remots! With the tv one and the dvd one, I manage to set the picture up, using chanel up and down button!! Result I think, I am skipping through all themenus, come to installation, set the screen sise, the progressive input, then there is a submenu called "REMOTE" . I merely pass over it toward the next menu and BANG, "REMOTE" "ON" changes to "OFF" and that is it...........no remote control at all........? I cannot do a thing, there is a "restore factory settings" in the menus, but i CANNOT GET THE MENUS UP.......? wtf HAPPENED....? What good is a recessed TV with no remote control........?
    Reading through the online manual its say you turn it off if you use a R232 remote form a computer or something.? WTF is that?
    ANYONE knwo if I can get liek a hard reset to turn it all back to how it was.......? Or how I can access the menus to get the remote function turned back on........?? I'm litterally at my wits end........its been a horrible nightmare, me pregnant missus is about to leave home, we have people at xmas and now the TV that took three of us to lift into place cannot even be turned on or off!!

ITS A MARE I WANNA CRY!! Please help me guys.........anyone,,,, PLEASE......!! !:lease: :lease: :thumbsup:

2. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Chillout and make a joint.

You should get a refund or exchange - its' your choice, it was brand new? seems strange you didn't get a remote.

Just make sure you paid by credit card in case anything happens.

3. rogerft

rogerft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    If there is no remote this is not a new item, at the very least the box has been opened.

You need to get back to the seller.

If you feel you got a bargain and want to keep it you can always order a new remote, although they can be quite expensive.

Try and keep things in perspective ... it is only a TV

Good Luck.

4. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Try and keep things in perspective ... it is only a TV

Sadly not, its actually a mirror with a TV attached. Not a good idea when you still have to put up with reflections whilst trying to watch tv.

5. simch

simch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I got it sorted, once removed fromt he wall there are menu manual button on the rear of the set, a bit hidden but Philips customer service pointed me in the right direction. Rhey were open until 9pm on xmas eve too...!

And now its set up its just brilliant, we have no problems with reflections, its only a mirror when turned off, once on, the mirror polarises and turns into a normal monitor screen.

All we need to do now is to paint the silver frame in a less "tv" colour and get rid of the Philips badge!

I only have one other lcd to compare it to, a Samsung "74" 32 inch that is brand new and the Philips is just such a better picture, even with sky running through a 5metre scart.
    So bearing in mind I got it for £1900, I am pretty pleased, looks fab in the room and is a darned good tv to boot!

Anyway, cheers, and Happy New Year everyone.