• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips Matchline LCD TV

duzza

Standard Member
Hi Folks

First post so be gentle with me :)

I bought a Philips 23 inch LCD TV 18 months ago, brand new. Its been great until the last few weeks when I have noticed two grey patches on the screen that kind of look like clouds, they are pretty central to the screen and are mostly noticeable when light colours are on display. They seem to disappear for a while if I unplug the set but come back after about 20 minutes. Now I have noticed them they are really spoiling my enjoyment of the TV.

Does anyone have any ideas???

the klang

new member a?hello mate!
sorry to here about the philips,18 months thats a bummber,have you tryed ringing philips up direct and asking to talk to an engineer?i did that with my pioneer plasma and they pointed me in the right direction.other than that i cant be any more help.sorry good luck.

duzza

Standard Member
I emailed them on Monday but no word so far!! I will be devastated if its knackered, Might as well have flushed £1000 down the nearest drain :mad:

the klang

do you have house contense insurance?if you get my drift.

the klang

let us know how you get on when they get back to ya.
good luck

duzza

Standard Member
still no joy with this at all. Left the TV unplugged overnight and then turned it on and off about 20 times as I had seen advised on another thread. The feint patches still appear after about 10 minutes of it being turned.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom