1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips LX8300SA Review.................??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Towner, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Towner

Towner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Any one know anything about the LX8300sa all in one system by Philips??
    A review or an owners view would be nice if someone could provide a pointer. Thanks.

2. andytrace

andytrace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really want to hear a review aswell! I've seen it for £150 deliverd which is soo much cheaper than anywhere else but i dont want to waste my money without hearing any good points of view on it!

Have u found any reviews yet?

Can you please post back here if you do!?

thanks

3. Towner

Towner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hi Andy,
    I have seen it for £125 delivered, thats why I'm so interested!!!!!
    Philips website has a data sheet on it but I want to see a review by independants. The spec of the DVD is very good, much the same as my 720SA. Somebody must have one or seen a review.............!!!

4. andytrace

andytrace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey me again.

not sure if you'll look back here but just incase!

I bought the Philips LX8300SA for £120 deliverd and its pretty damn good, I've never had surround sound before so have nothing to compare it to but it sounds great for both DVD and music. Just been listening to a MP3 DVD i made with 70 albums on the 1 disk, fantastic!

It was 100% simple to set up, speakers are quite large but they look pretty sexy!The sub is good and i think it produces a better sound than those slimline ones on the newer models!

Its played everything i'v put in it so fare, DVD, MP3 on DVD, a few Divx movies etc! The picture quality of the Divx movies was much better through this dvd player compared to on my PC which was good. 1 divx dvd i played had the video slightly stuttery but im not totally sure if its the player or the dvd. All my other Divx's play fine so it probably is the dvd!

Its plenty load enough in my normal to large living room but moving to my own place soon to a smaller room means that it will be too load! YAY!

not sure what else to say, I'm completely satisfied with it and personally think its worth way more than i paid for it, if ur not sure about buying it i would get it cos its sooo much cheaper than all other systems with the same specs!

Any questions i will try to help (oh the leads are very very long for the speakers)

(i dont work for philips either)

have fun

5. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Recently bought the Philips LX8300SA myself and I am well impressed. What impresses me most is how versatile this system is for a budget set. The only single thing this player lacks is an Optical Out port. To be honest, you can't complain because the Sound quality is great for the money and the bass is also quite thunderous. Don't be fooled by thinking this system wouldn't work well in a big room because it does. The most I ever turn it up is a few nothches below half and even then it is VERY loud and clear.

Well worth £115. I still find it hard to believe that it includes the versatile DVD player as well!