1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips LX3900SA

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by gpearce, Dec 15, 2004.

1. gpearce

gpearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased the philips LX3900SA (2nd december actually) and I noticed on the Philips website that new firmware was available. I followed the instructions and successfully performed the upgrade - the only thing is, a few of the features on my system dont seem to be working the way they should, and Im worried that the upgrad may have caused it. I have 2 main questions then:

1) Does anyone know what the firmware upgrade actually does? (30/11/04 version 36)

2) Can I get hold of (or doea anyone have) the older firmware so I can install that and see if it fixes things?

Incidentally, the issues I have are: RDS not working - Tuner only shows frequency when I know it should have a name (ie Radio 1)
    No DVDs will resume when Stop is pressed, and the system goes to standby (according to the manual, I shoudl just be able to press play).

Sorry for the long post, but Im getting frustrated.

Gerry

2. gpearce

gpearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one got this system then?
    Philips customer support still havent got back to me, thats very poor.

ps lots of threads in this forum with no replies- doesnt give new members the impression of being very helpful.