Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips LX3900SA

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by gpearce, Dec 15, 2004.

1. gpearce

gpearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased the philips LX3900SA (2nd december actually) and I noticed on the Philips website that new firmware was available. I followed the instructions and successfully performed the upgrade - the only thing is, a few of the features on my system dont seem to be working the way they should, and Im worried that the upgrad may have caused it. I have 2 main questions then:

1) Does anyone know what the firmware upgrade actually does? (30/11/04 version 36)

2) Can I get hold of (or doea anyone have) the older firmware so I can install that and see if it fixes things?

Incidentally, the issues I have are: RDS not working - Tuner only shows frequency when I know it should have a name (ie Radio 1)
    No DVDs will resume when Stop is pressed, and the system goes to standby (according to the manual, I shoudl just be able to press play).

Sorry for the long post, but Im getting frustrated.

Gerry

2. gpearce

gpearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one got this system then?
    Philips customer support still havent got back to me, thats very poor.

ps lots of threads in this forum with no replies- doesnt give new members the impression of being very helpful.