1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips LCOS

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by keyser, Mar 3, 2003.

1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was hoping that the Philips LCOS would be the first TV to be close to plasma quality and didn´t suffer from burn in. But they are releasing it with their older chip with a stated contrast of only 400:1, which is not good at all.

Doesn´t LCOS have a much better pixel fill rate than plasma and lcd?

450 cd/m2, how bright is that compared to most CRT´s. Plasmas go upt o 800 and large LCD´s about 550?

It will be interresting to see if it has rainbows.

I hope they are releasing two models, one without the pixelplus and digital natural motion(which IMO are worthless).

Convergent didn´t like the looks if this TV at all at CES. Hopefully they will uppgrade to the 1000:1 chip quickly, and hopefully get rid of the hotspots that convergent noticed at CES. Then maybe I have finally found a display that is worth buying.

2. zzoli

zzoli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm also very much interested in this set.
    I think we have to see the picture quality with our own eyes. This will give the definitive answer to your questions.

Until then... not very much to talk about.

However, I guess the sets sold in Europe might have the panels coming from the new factory in Böblingen, Germany. This facility is supposed to go live in the summer. Of course, I may be wrong.