PHILIPS lcd 42PF7621D widescreen problem???

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by man1, Jan 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. man1

man1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi got this lcd tv (42PF7621D) 3 months back in dublin,
    am kinda happy with it so far but it isnt great when you watch football as it gets blurry and is hard to make out which player is which sometimes, i have seen football on it somewhere else in HD and was impressed by the difference so will have to wait i suppose for HD tv to become cheaper,
    a HDTV box over here is €450 (£320) at the moment and an extra €180 per year subscription with SKY!!!
    However my one real complaint and I have only just started to notice it, is that the widescreen function is either not working or i just dont know how to work it myself.
    I have noticed it with Irish tv especially rte and tv3 (although it is with some sky channels as well), the problem is that you cant see the full width of the programme on screen and the stations logo is halfway off the screen. The top and bottom of the screen seems to be ok , it is just the sides, seems to be stretched too much.
    It is like watching it on a standard non-widescreened tv. I have tried to change the settings, superzoom, widescreen etc but cant figure it out.
    Should it be like this???
    Help please!

2. man1

man1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops:
    It is the 42PF 5421 and not the 7621 that I have. Sorry!!!
    Question is still the same.