1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips LCD 23PF5320 1366 or 1280 res?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by clummsy, Sep 23, 2005.

1. clummsy

clummsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Its a long story...., but are we all being missold products.

Recently I purchased Philips LCD 23PF5320, having pre-ordered from Empire Direct website without any details of the product on their site appart from a picture and reference.

However on the basis of the model being shown as 1366 x 768 resolution on Philips.co.uk I ordered the TV.

I received the TV first week in September and noticed that the box showed 1280 x 768 resolution.

I emailed ED and they came back with the answer that the TV had been upgraded to the higher resolution, but the packaging had not.

I then emailed Philips with the promise of an answer in 2 days, I got a reply on the 23rd September - 2 week-ish by email and a different answer.

Philips advised that the panel resolution is 1366 x 768, the maximum TV resolution is 1280 x 768.

I called Philips and asked them what panel resolution meant, they advised that this is the max resolution that can be acheived by connecting the TV to a PC.

On checking the supported computer resolutions for the above TV on both Philips website and the user manual there's no mention of 1366 x 768.

I've passed the matter on to trading standards.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Regards