1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips IdTV projector tv has died :(

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mac76, Dec 14, 2002.

1. mac76

mac76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if i am in the right forum here. I am wondering if anyone can tell me where i can get this thing fixed?? Philips want a fortune to just even look at it!
    Can anyone help?
    m

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    You should be in the TV section really, never mind :)
    How long has it been out of Guarantee? Whats up with it?
    The reason I ask is, I own $ony kp-41ds1 rear projection tv, after 18 months the blue lamp failed, I managed to get a contact address for sony customer support. After several letters they agreed that the lamp failed prematurely and would supply one to my dealer, the lamp cost was £170 which Sony supplied free of charge, I only had to pay about £60 for fitting, the only problem was they didn't spend any time setting the convergence of the new lamp, I ended up going into the service menu and setting it up myslef, its not perfect though.
    If its an IDTV it can't be that old.

3. mac76

mac76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the tv off a friend so i am not too sure how old it is, its out of warranty by i think about a year! The tv just sits in standby and wont turn on from there, if you leave it long enough the lights on the front just all start flashing! Have you got any ideas??

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Sorry can't help, try a local dealer to give an estimate, they shoudn't charge any more than £30 for an estimate, stay clear of the box shifters like Curry's.
    It could be something real simple and cheap to fix.
    Also try posting in the Tv section click here