Philips HUE

redboy1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I got the starter pack with 3 E27 bulbs and a bridge.

Can not get the bridge to connect to the bulbs though. Saying lights may not be in range but the bridge is only about 3m from the first bulb.

Anyone have these and had this problem?

Silly question but is the bridge plugged in to the router

They may need to be closer than that to get registered?

My bulbs are about 10 metres (3 rooms) away, and registered fine.

By the looks of it the bridge has a range of 30m. Tonight I manually put the bulbs serial numbers in and they have connected.

They are being recognized as lights 4, 5 and 6 though which is strange.

Just rename them :)

If they are 4,5 and 6 then it sounds like the original Hue Lamps did register but maybe only briefly.

If they are 4,5 and 6 then it sounds like the original Hue Lamps did register but maybe only briefly.

Yes that's what I'm thinking. I might reset it all and try it but then again there working so think I'll leave them.

What apps are people using?

Are there any decent Android app for controlling the times (not hours like the lame Philips app)the lights come on and go off. I can't find anything so far.

Sorry for posting here but I don't see where to start a new thread.

I use the official hue app, One switch and Hue Pro (paid) they all work well on Android.

Would you recommend this Simboo?
In the other thread they seem to use much more techonology...

If you bought a kit, aren't they pre registered ,) hence the 4,5,6 after you registered them again. It's been a while since I've done mine.

I rarely use the Hue app, I have integrated the control with daylight sensors, a homey home controller for schedules and presence awareness etc.

Hue Disco is my favourite app :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom