Philips Hue spotlights keep failing to turn on

dsh1

Novice Member
Hi, I’m sorry if this question has already been asked - I couldn’t find a previous thread…

We’ve recently moved into a house which has 22 Philips hue spotlights installed in the kitchen. Currently, 7 bulbs are either failing to turn on or flickering a very dim light. The only way to fix is if I delete the individual light and then install a new light. However this only seems to fix the issue for a short while before either that bulb or another starts to play up.

On Friday I completely reset all the lights and the hue bridge hoping that would fix the problem but it hasn’t. The bulbs are colour ambiance and were installed in March 2018 I believe.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Many thanks in advance.

David

Attachments

• A0BB2373-D0DE-48F4-B0C4-38F8CDC91B4D.jpeg
    A0BB2373-D0DE-48F4-B0C4-38F8CDC91B4D.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 32

Msib

Novice Member
How far is your bridge from the kitchen. I have had some success when I had an extra zigbee hub like an amazon echo to relay the signals

D

Deleted member 27989

That would be my first guess as well, there is not a good enough network and you need more items on the network. Perhaps it also has the original hue hub, perhaps there is interference. Perhaps there is an electricity problem.

dsh1

Novice Member
Thanks for all your replies. The hue hub is in the next room. Approximately 5 metres or so from the nearest bulb that is playing up. It’s an original hue hub and was here when we moved in.

We have an Amazon echo dot which we haven’t set up. I’ll try doing that today if you think it might. The internet signal in the house is very strong. The previous owners installed wiring and discs to spread the internet signal (hopefully I’ve described that correctly!).

There seems to be no logic re: which bulbs are faulty at any given moment. I think they have all experienced the same issue. The only solution I’ve found is deleting the bulb, reinstalling and then waiting for the next one to display the same problems. Today 5 of the bulbs are not working correctly.

Thanks for your replies.

D

Deleted member 27989

If it’s the original hub I would get the current version. Normally a good deal with a two bulb starter kit 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom