Question Philips Hue Power Adapter Question

Zagga

Standard Member
Reaction score
Got a new wall mounted TV and wanted to get some effect/bias lighting for around the TV. Was going to get Hue Lightstrip but saw the new Play Bar which looks great so ordered a kit plus extension.

All looked fine until I went to plug everything in and a for some stupid reason the power brick is upside down (to me) and the cables outlet the top when plugged into a standard UK three pin wall socket. There is just enough room behind the TV for the power brick and is hidden but when I plug the lights in you see the cables just above the top of my TV which drives me mad so have sent everything back.

The question is, does the power adapter on the Hue Lightstrip work in the same backwards way and the cable exits the top of the power brick when plugged in or does it drop as every other standard UK plug socket does? Don't want to have the hassle of buying stuff just to return it all again.

Many thanks in advance.

The hue psu cable exits from the top and sits up in the socket. Nothing stopping you running a short extension lead to hide it.

The hue psu cable exits from the top and sits up in the socket. Nothing stopping you running a short extension lead to hide it.
How stupid, the cable exiting the top of the power brick? :mad:

Had thoughts about a short extension but being wall mounted its just more clutter behind the set and my new TV tapers at the top to allow room for the plugs so not room for much.

There are quite a few things now where the plug lead exits from top of plug. If using a single socket, why not turn the socket upside down?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom