Question Philips Hue Downlights

Singh79

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to fit the Hue Colour gu10 bulbs into downlights. Do you guys know any downlight housing that tilts and can fit the longer 71mm Hue gu10 bulb? Thanks.

I've started buying INNR GU10 bulbs as they are much cheaper than the Hues. They are also shorter than the Philips ones so fit in the housings easier. Only come in white though.

I've started buying INNR GU10 bulbs as they are much cheaper than the Hues. They are also shorter than the Philips ones so fit in the housings easier. Only come in white though.

These are about £20 a bulb which is quite good. Do they have the same features as the hue bulbs? Think the hue white ambience are 2 for £50.

The other option is just cut the socket bracket off and either extend it with a small piece of flat bar aluminum and pop rivets or remove it all together.
If removing you may have to insulate the socket as it will just flap around.

The Hue white ambient bulbs are superior to the Innr CT. Both of them are normal GU10 size so no issues with fittings and my Hue worked out no more expensive than Innr ones as they're frequently on offer.

TBH the Hue colour GU10s are a little disappointing. They don't have the colour range of all of the other latest gen, particularly green and blue.

Totally agree with Jamie, I wouldn’t be without the white ambience and the gu10 is a normal size. No need for special fittings.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom