Philips hue app on Google TV

PerfectBlue97

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my Google Chrome TV dongle to my Philips Hue hub. I don't want to do anything fancy. Just turn light on and off using the voice command on the remote control. But I can't seem to find the app in the play store. Is it not available on this device, or geo-blocked, or am I just doing something weird.

Linking Hue to the Google assistant is done using the Google Home app on your phone, once it's setup providing the voice assistant is using the same Google account it then works using voice on the Google TV.

Are there any instruction on how to do this?

Do I just press the button on the remote and say the command as if it were on my phone?

Yes. I've got an Android TV and I've just tried it out, I've also got a Google Hub do I don't usually use the TV for Google assistant but it does work just like that, well actually better than a phone because the Google TV can be assigned to a room along with your other devices in the Home app.

It's a good idea to make sure your devices are correctly sorted into rooms in the Home app, that way you can ask to control lights by room or light name but a simple lights on command would control just the lights in that room.

To add your Hue account you need to make sure your hue is setup for out of home control with a Hue account, once that's done head to the Google Home app, click the plus in the top left corner and then choose "set up device" then "works with Google"

Last edited:
What are the voice commands?

For example, if I want to activate the built in "Savana Sunset" scene on the room "Guest Bedroom", what would I say?

OK, I think I've got it now.

It seemed much easier and more convenient when they did it on startrek.

What are the voice commands?

For example, if I want to activate the built in "Savana Sunset" scene on the room "Guest Bedroom", what would I say?
Scenes can be accessed by saying activate <scene name> in <room name>

The room name is optional, if the device you're issuing the command on is in a room with a scene of that name it'll turn on in just that room, if the room doesn't have a scene with that name it will turn on all scenes with that name

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom