1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips Hopper

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gee, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Gee

Gee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Has anyone got, seen, used, liked or disliked a Philips hopper LCD projector? I've been offered one second hand but I've never come across one before, I'll try and find the model number.

Any info would be great!

Cheers :D

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gee

My experience of the Hopper is a very good one. Make sure it is one of these models:

SV20i
    XG20
    XG20i

Steer clear of the SV10 models as they are quite old know and have limited features. The models above have 16:9 mode and keystone correction (SV10 doesn't) are NTSC compatable, are very small, ceiling mountable and run very quiet.

Make sure you take into account the cost of a new lamp (£300) when/if you make offer as sure as eggs is eggs it will go pop as soon as you get it home.

Good Luck and tell us how you go!

MEAT

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have run a XG10 for 12 months or more. On the plus side: It's quiet, good natural colours, brightness OK, produces pin sharp stable image (XGA res panels), bulb life 4000hrs. On the minus side: Contrast ratio not great, no 16:9 mode, no keystone correction, Vertical lines are occasionally visible on bright scenes (such as skies etc) as are minor motion artifacts A video scaler or HTPC does improve things.

I paid £1600- was as brand new with 8hrs on the bulb...although this can be easily reset at any time. Is wise advise to take account of the bulb cost when you buy.

Hope this helps

4. Gee

Gee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the info! I will hopefully find out which model it is this week. I'll keep you posted. Any other comments good or bad would be great! ;)