Philips HD Natural Motion and 100HZ - what's the difference?

peterace

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just been reading the blurb about HD Natural Motion and 100hz for Philips LCDs. Natural Motion claims to reduce judder and make motion appear smoother. Can anyone let me know how effective that is? 100hz sees to make similar claims.

I'm thinking of getting the new 7603 47" Philips which does not have the 100hz feature and wonder if that is a good idea or not? The price of £1,300 on Amazon seems to be good value and dead on my budget. I will be watching mainly Freeview and occassionally Blu-Ray.

I also read that 100hz on Philips improves black levels. Is that correct? Should I save a few hundred more and wait for the 100hz version?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I've been googling but can't find the answer. Anyone?

[Moderator Comment: please give it more time before bumping your thread, especially during the day when most people are at work and it can take a while longer to get a reply]

I think that the 100hz in LCDs is merchandising.

I have a philips 9632 with HDNM and 100hz. The old model (9631) had HDNM too, but it didn't have (hadn't? i'm sorry my bad english) 100hz.

Is impossible, find diferenes between the two models.

The same in Samsung: M87 with 100hz and MoviePlu - R86 without 100hz with MoviePlus

The black level, etc.... are lies. The image quality is the same. The HDNM is the real advance. (Movie plus in Samsung, MotionFlow in Sony, etc...)

But, the 9603 models have more image quality, HD Perfect Pixel Plus, Ambilight Spectra (similar to the Aurea), VGA and RJ45 conections .... I would buy the 9603

But, the 9603 models have more image quality, HD Perfect Pixel Plus, Ambilight Spectra (similar to the Aurea), VGA and RJ45 conections .... I would buy the 9603

Yes, the 9603 does appeal more because of the HD Perfect Pixel and 100hz. Unfortunately my budget could only stretch to the 42" in that case.

I think i should wait for a few reviews of the 7603 and 9603 before I take the plunge. I really desire a 47" set, but I don't want to compromise on picture quality just for a few more inches.

Yes, the 9603 does appeal more because of the HD Perfect Pixel and 100hz. Unfortunately my budget could only stretch to the 42" in that case.

I think i should wait for a few reviews of the 7603 and 9603 before I take the plunge. I really desire a 47" set, but I don't want to compromise on picture quality just for a few more inches.

Have you seen Panasonic Z85?

It's the only (unique?) TV that, in my opion (Pionner Kuro apart), has better image quality.

The price, at least in Spain, is very very good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom