Philips Gaming Consoles - what does this mean?

ruzman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, just bought a new Philips 55PUT6400 - right at the beginning of the manual is this odd statement:

"If you play a multi-player game with split screens, you can set the TV to show each screen as a full screen simultaneously. Each player can focus on his own game to play."

What does this mean?

On the old TV I oftened play Halo as 2 player and the screen splits top and bottom for each player - I don't see how this can be any different?

BTW - a google search shows the same text on many Philips models.

I assume it has dual play on it. You have to have special glasses and then you can play 2 player but with the whole screen not split.

Thanks aaron, that would be rather cool. Still investigating, but I'm not sure that is the case. The manual mentions nothing about glasses, or dual view. It seems rather ridiculous for Philips to mention something like this effectively in the introduction and then not mention anything again in the other 133 pages of the manual! But, I really hope you are right!

You have to purchase phillips 3D glasses for use of the split screen for gaming.Ive used this a few times and it takes some getting used too! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom