• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips Fidelio M1 Or Sennheiser Momentum?

PocketOperator

Established Member
Hi, I'm looking to buy some new headphones to use with my Sony Xperia Z2 phone but I can't decide what to get. I already have a pair of Philips Fidelio X1's for use at home and they're fantastic so I thought perhaps the M1's might be good for outdoor use. They've got good reviews and What Hi-Fi even compared them favourably to the Sennheiser Momentum's. The trouble is the Momentum's are nearly 3 times the price of the M1's.

What would people recommend for the £100-150 price range?

Thanks.

PocketOperator

Established Member
Thanks for the reply but I've since decided to go for a bluetooth pair as I hooked up my AKG K451's to my old Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth receiver and loved not having the cable attached to the phone and being able to use it better as a camera. I was really impressed by the sound quality and I've read that Apt X makes it even better.

I'm going to get either the Sony MDR-1RBT or MDR-10RBT, I've seen them secondhand for less than £150 which is well within my budget. They've got good reviews and have a ridiculously good battery life.

Steven

Senior Moderator
1R better than 10R. More natural. More extension. Deeper and bigger bass.

Wired 1R better than 1RBT. Fuller sounding, tighter, more control.

My imo whilst demoing in Tokyo headphone stores

PocketOperator

Established Member
I think I'll go for the MDR-1RBT in that case then. I've seen it for sale used at £135 and the 10RBT at £120 so it's only £15 difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom