Philips Fidelio B8, Dolby Atmos Over ARC

Neond

Hi I am looking tio buy a Dolby Atmos soundbar, and there is only 3 to choose from at the moment, but the one I am looking at is the Philips Fidelio B8.
http://4kfilme.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Philips_Fidelio_B8_Soundbar_Datenblatt.pdf
PHILIPS FIDELIO B8 Dolby Atmos Soundbar
Philips Dolby Atmos soundbar coming to Europe in October for €999 - FlatpanelsHD

The "problem" is that it seems like the Philips B8 is only 1.4 hdmi in both the 2 ins and the HDMI ARC out, I dont think its 100% confirmed though

Discussed a bit here..
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos Soundbar Review

Now I am looking to send Dolby Atmos from Bluray player etc to my TV and then from my TV thru HDMI ARC 1.4 to my soundbar and according to this lengthy thread on Avsforum it works totally fine to send Dolby Atmos over ARC but would it work in this/my scenario?
Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) / Atmos over HDMI ARC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Cos bluray 2.0 hdmi thru soundbar passthrough 1.4 hdmi will then not work with 4k HDR on my TV.. Son need the ARC solution to work. My TV is a Philips 2016 that I get in a couple of days.

And what are the downsides of having a 1.4 hdmi soundbar in my situation?

Complicated?

Thanks.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom