Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips DVP900SA

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by billygoat, Nov 2, 2004.

1. billygoat

billygoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I will be getting this dvd player. It's the follow-up to the succesful 963SA. It's got a nice set of features and a great design check here for more details. It costs 318 euro and will be available mid november. Does anybody have any first-hand experience at these at all?

2. Aquila

Aquila
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also ordered this DVD player to connect to my Panasonic AE700 projector with HDMI.
    I would also like to know if anyone has seen any reviews of this player.
    Normally I should have it by the end of next week. I'll post my experiences then.

3. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was considering this player, but was told (by my local dealer) that it wouldn't be available (in the UK) until January.

4. Aquila

Aquila
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently they're having problems with it or something because now my delivery date is set to the end of Februari... :mad:
    ...do I really need this player, I wonder? Does anyone know of another quality upscaling HDMI dvd-player that plays DVD+Rs very well? :confused:

5. Aquila

Aquila
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Woohoo, I finally got news from the shop! They're expecting the Philips DVP900SA (312 euro) next week on Tuesday. Will it have been worth the wait? I'll keep you guys/girls(?) posted :)

6. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Aquila,

Any update on the DVP900SA? i've been looking at 963sa but wondered in anything was due out to replace it - would be interested in your findings if you went ahead and got it

cheers
    Gary