philips dvp9000s

smithie

Standard Member
hi guys
been reading up on cheap to middle ground dvd players trying to find my next upgrade...and it seems nothing is perfect...damn!
anyway ive read all i could find on here about the philips dvp9000 and still quite fancy the idea/model.
anyone know well the best deal is on this model in the uk at the moment?
also i intend using it with a sony kdfe50 lcd tv,anyone tried this combo,views as to what quality might be achieved?
lastly has philips done anything about the issues with this player,either thro firmware updates or by the petition sent in to philips?
hope someone can help me out here!
all the best
smithie

smithie

Standard Member
well...it seems silence is golden!
so i take it by no replies that the dvp9000s is no longer worthy?
surely that should mean plenty of deals to be had? been searching and the best i can find is 280-350,surely someone must know of a better deal going here in the uk?
smithie:lease: :lease:

smithie

Standard Member
hi
crt projectors was doing it for 270 with sdi but they havent got stock,read some reviews on here about it and they were getting them under £250 in places,but that seems to have ended now as i cant find them any cheaper as well:thumbsdow ...shame.
still as you mention..one to keep a eye on when the price is right...hopefully philips will have sorted the bugs mentioned on this forum out by then!
all the best
smithie

Nic Rhodes

The basics look very nice on this player but again it is the software. Philips did sort the 963 out eventually.

smithie

Standard Member
hi
ive only just found this forum and new here,before this i just brought a dvd player and never thought no more about it..not anymore thanks to you guys...whats the saying...ingorance is bliss!
smithie:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom