1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVP620VR region free hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by bw57609, Aug 9, 2005.

1. bw57609

bw57609

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone found the hack for this player yet?

Please do not refer me to the french instructions as they do not work. neither does the hack posted on this site in the hack list.

Please anyone? :lease:

2. purpleshae

purpleshae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello there bw57609
    i am new to this (or any) forum - i am looking for the hack for the philips DVP620VR. did u ever find 1? can u help me pls?

3. Spaced-Man

Spaced-Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This one is done via the remote and a firmware update.

It is very complicated to do and I would not recomend you do it unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing or know some one who can do it for you.:eek:

If you wish to risk it then if you either PM me or e-mail me your e-mail address I'll send you the files to burn to a CD "NOT DVD" and a scan of the instructions.

You do this hack at your own risk as you could write your machine off if the power goes off or any buttons are pressed on the machine or remote during the update.

Also never post your e-mail address on any forum, use PM or e-mail.
    If you PM me or e-mail, I'll send the files you need as soon as I can.

4. edwinnaar

edwinnaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I read your posting. I have been looking all over the place to get my DVD player region free. Everybody keeps telling me to update the firmware. And you seem to be the first one that actually has the files to get it done.

I have patched several systems in the past. I think I know pretty well what I am doing. Well, if it doesn't work, or if I ruined my DVP620VR I can always get a new one, right?

Thanks,

Ed

5. Shamus_oz

Shamus_oz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also wanting to try Spaced-man's solution but even though I have emailed him I have yet to receive a reply. If anyone has these files could they please share them with me?