1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVP520 menu oddity

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Wobbler, May 17, 2005.

1. Wobbler

Wobbler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got one of these a little while ago on special offer from Amazon, excellent little player that plays discs that my other players won't even recognise as being loaded.

Getting a weird fault every now and again with the menu in DVDs where you select chapters etc - all the indicators against the choices disappear so you can't see what you are selecting.
    The choices still work if you guess where you are and press OK but obviously it's not right.
    The only way to cure it is to power off at the mains, wait a few secs until the power indicator has gone out and then plug it in again.

Maybe there is some corruption in the firmware, anyone know if firmware for this player can be downloaded from anywhere and applied?
    Thanks

\/\/

2. ken10

ken10
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just encountered the same difficulty. I'll try the power off band aid you mentioned, but did you ever get any final solution?

Thanks in Advance.
    Ken