Philips DVP3360

ryans0488941

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just got myself a new Philips DVP3360 upscaling DVD player - great little unit for under £50.

I'm plugging this straight into my Sony Bravia TV via HDMI input. No external audio - TV speakers only.

My wife keeps saying that the audio/video is out of sync!! At first I didnt believe her but I was watching a film yesterday and she is indeed correct - although it does it occur all the time. The problem corrects itself if I pause/stop the DVD then continue but this is v annoying as you might appreciate.

I've scoured the net with little success save for article that proposed that upscale process might be the reason i.e. the time taken to upscale the picture means that the video is slighty behind the audio. However, I think the audio is behind the video!!

In the philips manual, it does make reference to an audio sync option in the preferences menu - however philips go into very little detail as to what this is for!!

Do I simply have to put up with this as an HDMi upscale problem? Or is it a problem with my individual player?? Or is it common to philips DVD players??

I doubt it's a problem with the TV - I've had no complaints with it to date.

Any help/advice/suggestions would be appreciated!!

Hi

I also got myself one these 3360 players today from Argos. I ordered a 3980 but was hoping for the 5990 as it's been mentioned elsewhere that Argos was upgrading for free, and in the end I got this 3360, which also has the USB like the 5990.
Does anyone know why it's cheaper than the 5990. The only difference I have found is the 12-bit/108 MHz video processing. Is that worth the extra £22?
I also have a Sony TV 32V5500 so I will try it once I'm sure this player is the right one for me.

I have a lip sync problem the odd time with my DVP5990. If the DVP3360 has similar menu's to my player you can adjust for lip sync in the setup menu. Just press the stop button once so it does not totally quit playback and then press the setup button and the option should be there. Then press the setup button again to exit setup and press the play button and see if it was adjusted enough.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom