• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips DVP 5980 - Possible Problem

shiningstar

Standard Member
Hi,

I purchased a Philips DVP 5980 about 4 months ago from Amazon UK, so far it has been very relaible, playing pretty much anything I have thrown at it, with no problems.

I have noticed recently that certain discs that I'm playing in the machine (most noticably R1 or DVDR's) feel quite sharp round the edges on taking them out, in addition to this I have noticed a few light circular scatches towards the edge on a few of my DVD's.

This has got me a bit concerned as a lot of my discs are imports/very rare copies, and I don't want them to become damaged. Is there any chance that something could be scraping the disc edges inside the player?, and scatching them towards the outer edge?, quite alot of my discs are definatley coming out rougher than before I put them in, some discs have even had small pieces of plastic fraying from the edges.:confused:

Many Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom