Philips DVDR80 - Reliable ???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RecordablDVDfan, Jun 28, 2004.

1. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I've had a Panasonic EM50 since Dec 2003, brilliant machine. I just wanted from a technical point of view to see how the Philips compares in picture quality and features. It recs in VCD format on CDR's and also MP3 also, is this correct ?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,675
    Pretty much as you'd expect. It has the GuidePLUS EPG which is a huge, worthwhile bonus but other features are very much Philips DVD+ standard, i.e. awful editting, poor user-interface and no features such as Timeslip, playlists, partial erase, flexible record. PQ is more or less comparable with the E50 although it is hampered by a lack of a fit to disk option. The MPEG2 conversion during loopthrough is still as annoying now as ever as well...

No - the LiteOn is the only DVD recorder that will record to CDR. The Philips will PLAY VCDs and MP3s though.

3. bluesfan

bluesfan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sent mine back. A poor quality machine from czech! The guideplus was good though.

4. sunderland

sunderland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    dont get the liteon. ive just had mine a week. and ive had to send it back. cant read original disks.you have to turn machine of and on again. then it reads them.crap picture aswell