Philips dvdr75

lazysod

Novice Member
Hi ,does anyone know why the recorded video from the dvdr75 plays back in 16:9 on the Philips but only plays back in 4:3 on any other DVD player, even after putting it through TMPGenc DVDAuthor.

R

robpiggott

so if i record from my sky box which is widescreen to my dvdr-75 then it should playback in widscreen formaton the dvdr 75..i think??

am i correct

R

robpiggott

um there must be something wrong with mine then as it dont play back in widescreen mode...?? would rgb have anything to do with it as i record from rgb but can only out put normal scart as i only got one rgb scart on my widescreen tv..

rob

lazysod

Novice Member
Wouldnt have thought RGB would make any difference, you have got it set to 16:9 in the menu i take it. I dont use RGB my self as I connect everythig through my receiver,s S-Video

R

robpiggott

yeah a little confusing i will have to play around i find that if i look at my sky picture directly linked to the tv it all looks fine, but when i look at the same picture travelling through the recorder the picture is squeezed up a little and does not look fully widescreen...i dont know why and also why it has only started happening or i didn't notice it before hand??

thanks for your help

rob

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom